Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
And yes Mr Mike 0-60 matters because you can compare all vehicles in that range. Plus it is a great measure of torque and gripsion....real word I made up.
Did I mention somewhere that 0 to 60 doesn't matter...?

I see above I stated its used to compare performance, is fun and bragging rights, and that it doesn't need to be relevant to anything, I probably should have said " its not just relevant to racing only. to be more clear in my intentions maybe.

were you maybe thinking of muchachos statement when he said " if your not going to race then it was kinda meaningless to lighten up the bike inferring a better 0 to 60.

It definitely matters. sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't think 0 to 60 is needed to know when im left at the lights bye an Electric Bike,
his power was instant

and he went a fair distance before I passed him

·
Registered
295 Posts
oh but thats the route im going down :) already put the smaller 300 mirrors, already dropped the exhaust for a lighter "temp exhaust" toce custom built slip on and about to replace the battery for a lithium one, heck I even removed the bar ends to save weight. passenger foot pegs are going as soon as I make myself a exhaust bracket, Tool kit is also gone and am currently just waiting for more full exhaust systems to release, and if i can get the battery within 2 weeks that will be already a drop of around 6.5kgs and im happy with that :) thus I try and keep the fuel tank from going over half way as well lol.
I think you should start tuning it up start with the cylinder head then valve s and a camshaft ,then you will see some speed

·
Registered
764 Posts
It would be interesting to see what that number would be with a dyno or flashed ECU.
was 3.8 or 3.9 with my flashed and tuned ninja 400 with lighter and bigger prockets with a 15kgs weight reduction and a 73kgs rider with a lot of practice starts. I still miss my 400 all the time :/ i wouldnt mind getting another small bike but they still expensive and the r3 can e found cheap but I dont like the scooter seat position on it because I got used to the ninja 400 comfort seat which is a lot higher and just feels alot better in the corners.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Given my engine break in is now complete, and my clutch has swallowed some concrete pills, I figured I'd test out acceleration on the Ninja vs my MC22. I'd managed 4.8 seconds with the MC22, but it required a lot of clutch finessing.
In contrast I found the Ninja would routinely achieve 4.6 seconds without the same hassle. After a bit of practice 4.5 is realistically achievable stock with 70kg rider + full gear.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the vid. So it looks like you rev up to 9k, let the clutch out, upshift to 2nd and 3rd at redline?
Is that the general proccess for doing 0-60s?

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Cool clip! Good test for the upgraded clutch for sure.
Something for the members from the Americas to bear in mind is that this bike is the restricted version of the N400 which has 3.5 HP (2.6kW) less output.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks for the vid. So it looks like you rev up to 9k, let the clutch out, upshift to 2nd and 3rd at redline?
Is that the general proccess for doing 0-60s?
Yes, basically I took the revs up to 9pm with part throttle. Once there you wind on more throttle in the same moment as letting the clutch bite, and off you go.
Don't change to 3rd as the pause would ruin the run.

Ideally you want the front wheel weightless, just brushing the ground, from standing still till as far out your power will allow. If you're moving off the mark without the front getting light immediately, you are just starting the clock while not at maximum acceleration.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts