Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if anyone knew the 0-60 time on this bike, I know that will differ from rider to rider

·
Registered
764 Posts
that said I feel due to my low weight "dropped 20kgs for summer ;)" I may be able to hit under 4 seconds or come very close, if not ill get angry and change the sprockets and gearing myself until i can haha gives me something to do but as of now i have hit around 4.3/4.2 seconds

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
im about to hit 600km so as soon as I hit 800km Ill start doing some 0-60mph times on video :) need some kinda engine break in
I took my CBR to a track day with 900km on the clock and thrashed it all day. It loved it. Lol

I'm less than 60kg (my holeshot advantage) so should be able to produce a good 0 - 60 time when ever I get my bike.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies and emudshit definitely do some videos after break in would be much appreciated ^.^ I’m currently 285 pounds (typical fat American) but once I get my bike I’ll be hitting up the gym, as it stands now it would cost me to much gas, the closest gym sucks, all the others are across town lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Lol its amazing the extents we'll go to for a new toy huh. I mean you could always go the route of making the bike lighter as well. I'm really curious to see what 0-60 times people are able to achieve, as it looks like we have a good amount of owners going all out on their builds.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Lol its amazing the extents we'll go to for a new toy huh. I mean you could always go the route of making the bike lighter as well. I'm really curious to see what 0-60 times people are able to achieve, as it looks like we have a good amount of owners going all out on their builds.
oh but thats the route im going down :) already put the smaller 300 mirrors, already dropped the exhaust for a lighter "temp exhaust" toce custom built slip on and about to replace the battery for a lithium one, heck I even removed the bar ends to save weight. passenger foot pegs are going as soon as I make myself a exhaust bracket, Tool kit is also gone and am currently just waiting for more full exhaust systems to release, and if i can get the battery within 2 weeks that will be already a drop of around 6.5kgs and im happy with that :) thus I try and keep the fuel tank from going over half way as well lol.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
oh but thats the route im going down :) already put the smaller 300 mirrors, already dropped the exhaust for a lighter "temp exhaust" toce custom built slip on and about to replace the battery for a lithium one, heck I even removed the bar ends to save weight. passenger foot pegs are going as soon as I make myself a exhaust bracket, Tool kit is also gone and am currently just waiting for more full exhaust systems to release, and if i can get the battery within 2 weeks that will be already a drop of around 6.5kgs and im happy with that :) thus I try and keep the fuel tank from going over half way as well lol.
What brand you looking at? Cheapest place I found for Shorai was ebay outta the States. Was here in about 10 days.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Shorai-Lithium-Battery-LFX12A1-BS12-fits-Yamaha-YFM700R-Raptor-700R-2006-2009/311982344732?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
244 Posts
I took my CBR to a track day with 900km on the clock and thrashed it all day. It loved it. Lol

I'm less than 60kg (my holeshot advantage) so should be able to produce a good 0 - 60 time when ever I get my bike.
So have you received an updated ETA on the bike?

So are you going to be wearing anti-gravity shoes and put helium in the tires ? :grin:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Got it about 10 days ago. My review here: http://www.ninja400riders.com/forum/86-2018-kawasaki-ninja-400-reviews/1257-kiwis-review.html

Your sarcasm has been noted! :smile_big:
Whatever it takes to put a smile on your face :angel:

BTW, good review. I am waiting till I get a few more miles on her before I review mine. At this point I will agree with Emud, it does keep getting smoother with miles. At about 80 miles mine started getting a little smoother from the rough initial 50 miles. I am being gentle on mine during the break in period, just personal preference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First accelleration test 0-60 (100 kmph)

looks to be just under 5 seconds, i will try again in a few days because i think it can make it around around 4.5. i live in Canada and apparently we have the 48hp model. Is there anyone on here who can confirm this?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdDctGZlV44

looks to be just under 5 seconds, i will try again in a few days because i think it can make it around around 4.5. i live in Canada and apparently we have the 48hp model. Is there anyone on here who can confirm this?
If you are in Canada then yes you lucky man you have the full 36kW (48.94 HP) version of the N400.

If you scroll back to post #4 you will see Emud our resident hoon got 4.2 / 4.3 out of his one which is only 45HP.

·
Registered
764 Posts
If you are in Canada then yes you lucky man you have the full 36kW (48.94 HP) version of the N400.

If you scroll back to post #4 you will see Emud our resident hoon got 4.2 / 4.3 out of his one which is only 45HP.
yeh 4.3 was mine should try again soon, biggest impact is weight, kiwi you should be able to get 4 seconds. Also any news on what makes the Canadian model more powerful?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts