Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
I know it doesn't look like much but it came with the first bike I ever bought. A 1976 Kawi KZ650. The fob originally had a little Kawi medallion on it but it was scratching up my shinny new bike so I cut it off. I sold that bike a few years later to buy my wife's wedding ring. But I also had a new GS1000 by then so it wasn't THAT much of a sacrifice.

Somewhere around 1990-1991 I sold my last street bike, a Suzuki GSXR750, to support my two son's dirt bike racing effort. I wrenched and they did the racing.

Fast forward to 2006 when my youngest son went off to collage. I was feeling all depressed because the last baby had left the nest and decided to go out and and get another street bike to help ease the pain of empty nest syndrome. Within a week I came home with my first Ducati, a 2006 999. I still have that bike and it's key has been on that fob since I picked it up . True Story. :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I know it doesn't look like much but it came with the first bike I ever bought. A 1976 Kawi KZ650. The fob originally had a little Kawi medallion on it but it was scratching up my shinny new bike so I cut it off. I sold that bike a few years later to buy my wife's wedding ring. But I also had a new GS1000 by then so it wasn't THAT much of a sacrifice.

Somewhere around 1990-1991 I sold my last street bike, a Suzuki GSXR750, to support my two son's dirt bike racing effort. I wrenched and they did the racing.

Fast forward to 2006 when my youngest son went off to collage. I was feeling all depressed because the last baby had left the nest and decided to go out and and get another street bike to help ease the pain of empty nest syndrome. Within a week I came home with my first Ducati, a 2006 999. I still have that bike and it's key has been on that fob since I picked it up . True Story. :)

View attachment 16647
Wow! I bought a new KZ650 in '79. That bitch was quick. Sold it n quit riding for many years because of it
🐉

61 - 76 of 76 Posts