Votes: 9 56.3%
  • N400

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I actually like the lower cowling simply because the Kawasaki exhaust pipes don't conform to the shape of the engine like they do with other brands, so it makes the exhaust system "look" fragile and exposed.
This is exactly what bothered me too. But I got used it and like you guys said it, once you're on the bike, all you see is the tank, handlebars and meter.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Then again, when I'm sitting on it, I can't see anything below the engine or behind my back, anyways. The exhaust pipe could look like my intestines an hour after eating Taco Bell, and I'd have no idea.
LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yikes, some of you need a good LONG ride and maybe a bong load or two. We're all on a 400, if it was about looks we'd all be on something else, that's bigger (displacement). Enjoy, ride safe...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yikes, some of you need a good LONG ride and maybe a bong load or two. We're all on a 400, if it was about looks we'd all be on something else, that's bigger (displacement). Enjoy, ride safe...
The long ride certainly always applies.

My prior bikes all had larger displacement (750, 650) and I don't miss their weight. But I've found the 400 to be the right size--it is capable on the highways but very nimble in the city. I can't wait to get to the twisties next year. This isn't a beginners' bike for me. So I've become a small-displacement fanboy.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
The long ride certainly always applies.

My prior bikes all had larger displacement (750, 650) and I don't miss their weight. But I've found the 400 to be the right size. This isn't a beginners' bike for me. So I've become a small-displacement fanboy.
👍 Same here.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts