Votes: 9 56.3%
  • N400

Votes: 7 43.8%
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My suggestion is go buy an R3 and get off this forum if you can’t take a joke.
Didnt ask for you peoples' **** humor, i asked a question, if you cant do a simple thing like that then dont bother even responding, bud.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Then why even ask this question? If the exhaust looks that stupid to you that you can’t even appreciate a playful response then the z is obviously not the bike for you, bud.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Im sorry, are you a fan of the entire exhaust showing?
If you arent here to contribute anything to this forum, the piss off, mate. Do something else with your time.
Didnt ask for you peoples' **** humor, i asked a question, if you cant do a simple thing like that then dont bother even responding, bud.
Personal attacks are not welcome. And I recently managed to annoy a couple of folks with a comment that wasn't directed at anyone in specific, and certainly to no-one by name. So please take that into consideration.

@Kiwi Rider was only showing his disagreement with your statement about the exhaust by using a bit of humor, nothing personally against you. I might have said in the same context that "it ain't stupid if it works." And his comment is relevant to the question you originally presented as the exhaust is completely open on the Z400 examples shown but partially covered on the N400 as posted above.

A discussion on the appearance of various exhausts, where you might state your preference and someone else may be able to post a pic of an exhaust you might like, would add value to this thread. And the same might apply to any other concern you have with either bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Then why even ask this question? If the exhaust looks that stupid to you that you can’t even appreciate a playful response then the z is obviously not the bike for you, bud.
Theres a thing called pros and cons, exhaust looks weird but the handle bars are more comfy, hence the question. Are you attempting to use you brain?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Personal attacks are not welcome. And I recently managed to annoy a couple of folks with a comment that wasn't directed at anyone in specific, and certainly to no-one by name. So please take that into consideration.

@Kiwi Rider was only showing his disagreement with your statement about the exhaust by using a bit of humor, nothing personally against you. I might have said in the same context that it ain't stupid if it works. And his comment seems relevant to the question you originally presented as the exhaust is completely open on the Z400 examples shown but partially covered on the N400 as posted above.

A discussion on the appearance of various exhausts, where you might state your preference and someone else may be able to post a pic of an exhaust you might like, would add value to this thread. And the same might apply to any other concern you have with either bike.
Thank you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Clearly you aren’t actually interested in hearing anyone else’s opinion. I’m done here, have a great day.
I quite enjoyed seeing other peoples Z400s and what they thought about it, just not yours. Good riddance.

·
Registered
878 Posts
If the exhaust could be blacked out i wouldnt mind, i hate the contrast from the black engine to copper/silver exhaust.
To try and get this back on track, has anyone painted their lower exhaust pipes? Maybe black pipe wrap tape? A pic of either might be helpful.

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
14 Posts
I voted for the Z400, but OP definitely sounds like a Ninja guy. I love my Z400 so far. Can't wait to throw a stupid exhaust on there. I briefly considered an R3, but those Yamaha guys were way too exciting and interesting for my tastes. I just couldn't handle all that awesome.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Maybe the lower cowling can help improve the look of the bike?

Personally, if the accessory has no function, I don't want it. Also, I have seen here pictures of bikes with aftermarket exhaust pipes that have a different look.

About painting / covering it with tape: I am no expert but I would be careful with that as it affects the heat exchange.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I posted # 2 with the pic of THE EXHAUST. Seems like every couple of months someone gets p!ssed off for no reason. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed? I just stand off and enjoy the amusement. Seems like our idea of humor doesn't sit well with, or isn't understood by some folks.... Just an observation......
🐉

·
Registered
180 Posts
Really? I did not know. To be fair, the exhaust does stand out. I guess it is a like it or not kind of deal. I got used to it.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I posted # 2 with the pic of THE EXHAUST. Seems like every couple of months someone gets p!ssed off for no reason. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed? I just stand off and enjoy the amusement. Seems like our idea of humor doesn't sit well with, or isn't understood by some folks.... Just an observation......
🐉
The world has it's quota of douche bags and unfortunately the odd one finds their way here occasionally. Like a bad spell of weather they generally dont last long and pass through. I read the bit below in one of his first posts and realised he is just a kid who hasn't learnt respect yet or the art of accepting a differing point of view.

...The krt is really cool but quite a bit more. Also im in college and am making 16/hr and working 40hrs a week ...

·
Registered
247 Posts
When I am delivering a boat and I pull out of a harbor and all the compasses and navigation equipment read different headings. Sometimes I can spend the entire delivery with my face down resetting and calibrating this crap, in the mean time, I just use my iPhone. I must have a combination ADHD and OCD like a kickboxing fight in my head!
Sounds like me back in the Loran days.

I voted for the Z400, but OP definitely sounds like a Ninja guy
Nah, he's a Z kinda guy, just has issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe the lower cowling can help improve the look of the bike?

Personally, if the accessory has no function, I don't want it. Also, I have seen here pictures of bikes with aftermarket exhaust pipes that have a different look.

About painting / covering it with tape: I am no expert but I would be careful with that as it affects the heat exchange.
From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I actually like the lower cowling simply because the Kawasaki exhaust pipes don't conform to the shape of the engine like they do with other brands, so it makes the exhaust system "look" fragile and exposed. If the Z pipe didn't have that outward bend towards the front wheel before bending back to the catalytic converter, I'd never consider the lower fairing, but it does, so I am.

Then again, when I'm sitting on it, I can't see anything below the engine or behind my back, anyways. The exhaust pipe could look like my intestines an hour after eating Taco Bell, and I'd have no idea.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts