1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boys.....boys...
I cant do it
I still cant decide
Ill give context. I live in Kalamazoo which is a pretty busy city and I dont ride on the highway.
I can get either one for about 5k before taxes and fees. Im trading in my 2019 KLX 250 for either one.
For the Z400 I want the green and black
For N400 I have no idea what color

·
Registered
840 Posts
I went with the Ninja for better wind protection while touring. I added the Zero Gravity touring windshield. Ninjette Noire enjoys blasting around Milwaukee, but I could see the wider bars on the Zed being easier on both twisties and urban streets. The good thing is that either one will readily accept heated grips, you'll probably want them in Kalamazoo.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Maybe pics will help you decide. I have zero regrets with my Z400 (with the "stupid" exhaust). ;) It's excellent in tight curves. You can't go far wrong with either one.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I went Z, cuz this is my ADV bike; I wanted more upright riding position, 'n less plastic in case I drop the thing. Another advantage I've found is you can mount more stuff on the handlebars. :D
Full disclosure here: I'm not really a Medical Professional. Not even a paid spokesman. So, take this with a grain of salt.:whistle:

I'm guessing these extra gadgets fit right in with type 'ADHD behavior'... and provide instant feed-back and loads of data. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum with type "OCD behavior'... I'd be unable to keep my eyes and hands off any such add-ons... I'd never be able to ride again.. Because I'd be stuck in the driveway for hours upon hours, in an attempt to realign and make everything symmetrical... And don't get me started on the time my side mirror got bumped and misaligned, in the middle of a local Walmart parking lot. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Full disclosure here: I'm not really a Medical Professional. Not even a paid spokesman. So, take this with a grain of salt.:whistle:

I'm guessing these extra gadgets fit right in with type 'ADHD behavior'... and provide instant feed-back and loads of data. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum with type "OCD behavior'... I'd be unable to keep my eyes and hands off any such add-ons... I'd never be able to ride again.. Because I'd be stuck in the driveway for hours upon hours, in an attempt to realign and make everything symmetrical... And don't get me started on the time my side mirror got bumped and misaligned, in the middle of a local Walmart parking lot. ;)
When I am delivering a boat and I pull out of a harbor and all the compasses and navigation equipment read different headings. Sometimes I can spend the entire delivery with my face down resetting and calibrating this crap, in the mean time, I just use my iPhone. I must have a combination ADHD and OCD like a kickboxing fight in my head!

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Dunno 'bout adhd or ocd, butt the radar detector has saved me crazy dead presidents!
The GPS has been replaced w/ my phone, 'n the POS SPOT tracker has been replaced with a Garmin Inreach Mini.
I only use that when I bail, butt it's constantly sending "tracks" to my wife/sister so she knows where I is, since i ride out in bf nowhere.
The garmin bluetooths to my phone so it acts like a real GPS since there's no cell service where I ride, and all this joyous technology spews to my brain through a Cardo packtalk slim.
It's all on when I ride, butt I don't pay attention to it unless the radar detector beeps, or if'n I'm lost, I'll use the GPS to find my way home. :p

·
Registered
772 Posts
Looky There.. You IT guys are amazing... You've left me way behind... I'm still in the end of my driveway trying to figure out whether to turn left or right. Flip phone in my tank bag, and quarters in my pocket, . so I can use a pay phone if the battery goes down. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe pics will help you decide. I have zero regrets with my Z400 (with the "stupid" exhaust). ;) It's excellent in tight curves. You can't go far wrong with either one.

View attachment 15595
If the exhaust could be blacked out i wouldnt mind, i hate the contrast from the black engine to copper/silver exhaust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's a custom exhaust. Mine is stock. But if you don't like either, there are lots of aftermarket parts for that. BTW, both Ninja and the Z come with the same stock exhaust.
The N400 has it mostly covered, ill just get an aftermarket one.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts