Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installation of 3 horns on a Z400 without cutting existing wires and a plug and play set up, all you need is.

10mm wrench, wire connectors, wire crimper, wire, and 2 more horns fiamm low & high.

No extra relays required and all horns sound off

Enjoy 馃榾
1B7ABAB3-31F7-49B4-BB14-F3A06277FEC9.jpeg
0D276FC1-BF00-45A9-8795-BA89A84179CD.jpeg
626154B1-79EE-4845-8C7A-0E2A6E65ACC0.jpeg
F45690D2-6579-4AEE-BBD9-A9937EB63328.jpeg
34AD0AE0-BCE5-48AE-B0BB-774C90C4C502.jpeg
CD004FAB-4CAE-4789-A3A8-1CDA77EC6176.jpeg
826B4822-C9E4-4B59-8DD7-17247F49CEEF.jpeg
50DC68D8-DC48-4CCF-B799-306BD9AB9357.jpeg
AFD68E49-A645-4E19-808B-768C4B4C93AA.jpeg
047D7BC8-5213-4A2E-A010-5BEC9FC2CDA8.jpeg

Premium Member
Wow, that should definitely get you noticed in traffic!

Upload a vid so we can hear it...

Registered
I love the symmetry - how loud is it?

Reactions: SUGOMI

Registered
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here you guys go a video upload now keep in mind it鈥檚 louder in person, and yes it鈥檚 symmetrical it鈥檚 very clean install and it isn鈥檛 an eye sore it looks like it belongs there, the lights do not dim when I use the horn, now I sound like a car in traffic! Check it out let me know what you think I鈥檓 grinning too lol :alien: I guess you can say I love to toot my own horn!

Sorry for the poor quality I just plugged it all up and took a video, once I get situated I鈥檓 gonna make another video and repost it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Update... so I was playing with the wires I unplugged the wires on the horn closest to the throttle and reversed the plugs and it鈥檚 even louder!

It鈥檚 weird the horns don鈥檛 show a + positive or - negative terminal indicator neither do the wires from the bike or on the stock horn.

Even though I wired everything red and blue to match my wires for the sake of wiring. My wires are copper and silver to indicate the wire. These were old speaker wires of mine for positive and ground.

My suggestion to anyone who wants to try this set up, plug in one horn at a time test it, unplug swap the connection and re test until you get the loudest output, it鈥檚 super loud now, good luck 馃崁

Registered
Nice job, that will definitely get you noticed. I have the low note Freeway Baster mounted in the stock location and it's much louder. Now that I know the the bike can handle the extra draw I'll put the stock horn back on and move the blaster to the radiator. Thanks for the info (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Right jack pine? Lol I basically didn鈥檛 like the stock horn and searched on here to seek options, than went on a shopping quest, and since amazon you have to spend $25 or more to get free shipping I did just that, and I wanted to experiment on which I would prefer better, and send back the one I didn鈥檛 like. I鈥檓 not a prime member btw. Also on the reviews I read others have bought both horns and saw reviews on YouTube for both horns installed together.

So after I got the first horn since they didn鈥檛 arrive at the same time, I was like there is no way I could mount 2 horns there鈥檚 no place to put them.

But after looking at the radiator, I noticed the holes to mount a grill screen cover which I also have ordered but it鈥檚 coming from China.

Kawasaki鈥檚 design made it simple to have the 2 horns set up with more than enough clearance it was a no brainer to play around and install all the horns for fun.

I personally don鈥檛 mind the look and even when I get my grill cover there will still be enough clearance to mount the horns after installing the screen to the radiator.

Since the horns are black and my radiator grill screen will be black too, everything will blend in. When I ride down the st, your going fast so nobody notices the horns. Even when the bike Is parked the horns are parallel and symmetrical they look like they belong there.

Personally I feel like it鈥檚 one of those things, it鈥檚 better to have it and not need it, instead of needing it and not having it. I figure with 3 horns your gona hear at least 1 of them!;)

My lights do not dim, and that鈥檚 even using the horn with the bike running or not. So I鈥檓 not worried about power because it鈥檚 not like you keep the horn button pressed all the time.

I highly recommend Upgrading the stock horn nevertheless! I鈥檓 keeping these horns 馃

Registered
I had a Stebel Nautilus air horn on my grom. Would scare the bejeezus outta me. Every time I would inadvertently push the activation button. I hated it.

Reactions: SUGOMI

Registered
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Okay so I played with all my connections and uploading another video I think I got max output.

In this video I start with the stock horn unplugged and the fiamm high and low sounding off.

Than I plug in the stock horn and for a split second when I hit the horn button you can hear it get the power first, since it鈥檚 closest to the original power supply, than all three sound off together.

It doesn鈥檛 seem like it but it鈥檚 loud and has a unique sound In my opinion. It sounds like a car and motorcycle honking at the same time like an old school game of jinx lol P.s., the neighbors are getting annoyed so I made it quick.

Let me know what you think!

Premium Member
Nice job! I like the Hi/Lo combo together. Maybe I鈥檒l pick up one of the Hi tones myself. And the mount location looks good too...

I personally would remove the stock horn because the tone or pitch sounds a little weird or off to me in the video. But I鈥檓 sure it sounds different in person...

Also maybe get some black wire loom and use a few zip ties to cover the exposed wires for a cleaner look....馃憤馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Boat thanks bro, this was just my put it together test out in a pinch.

As I鈥檓 sitting here sipping my beer, I was just waffling on the idea of just using the 2 hi/low and dropping the stock.

No matter what angle you look at it, the horns look good and part of the bike,almost like as if it was twin turbo turbine air intake parts at a glance they look proper. lol

I was just thinking now that I like them for sure to do the same and cleaning up the wires with black.

The 2 horns paired up sound sweet as f*ck

Registered
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Okay I changed it to the hi/lo set up, I have the wires split joint pigtails at the output so each horn gets their own line of power.

It sounds really good and well balanced it sounds like a car no bull I love it!

I am going to spray paint the wires black soon but check it out for now, I think this set up made for the 馃弽 just like when you eliminate the fender.

Attachments

Registered
Watcher what are you using on your 400?
Ditched da horn. Already got my throttle for that. Thinkin aboot gettin a radar detector, now I got some real estate.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Another鈥檚 update trick tip

So on the back of the horn there鈥檚 a screw, it鈥檚 a black plastic thing and has 4 white glue points, just loosen up the glue, and turn the black ring adjuster counter clockwise quarter turns at a time and it will increase the volume! I used pliers. I turned mine 2 or 3 quarter turns it鈥檚 Loud.
AAE9D255-37B3-4041-B44A-5DC8C7E652EB.jpeg

I also spray painted my wires black for a cleaner look since the installation.

Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts