Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Took the 400 stickers off and added a red "Z" to each side. Also added red rim tape to the wheels since I work at night for extra visibility.
I've been messing with mine too... First just removed the "400" stickers to replace with "Z" stickers (tank decals). Had that for a few weeks then bought new Z and 400 stickers and went for Z400 - still not sure what I prefer, but Z400 on the bike right now... :surprise:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Took the 400 stickers off and added a red "Z" to each side. Also added red rim tape to the wheels since I work at night for extra visibility.
I've been messing with mine too... First just removed the "400" stickers to replace with "Z" stickers (tank decals). Had that for a few weeks then bought new Z and 400 stickers and went for Z400 - still not sure what I prefer, but Z400 on the bike right now...

Hmmmm 🤔🤔 I like the look of those stickers as well

·
Registered
78 Posts
nice bag! I have been looking at one but I'm worried it about how easy it would be to take it off when I get to work. I like the Saddleman tunnel bag too.

The tail bag can be removed and replaced in a few seconds once you find your mounting points. It mounts to the frame of the bike with velcro, and has plastic clips to attach the bag to. I use three points, the rear wrapped around the top of the rear wheel well bungee points.

Once everything is set up, its quick and simple. With the saddlebags on, the tail bag clips to the bags at four points with the saddlebags taking the same mounting points..

All in all, its really easy to install and remove. Ive over killed it methinks, trying to use all of the straps and pads. But it isnt necessary. Ill be going back and removing some straps and pads.

But to your question, I figure about 30 seconds to put it on at the end of the day and 10 seconds to bring the tail bag in with you. That being said, add a minute to remove all of the straps if you are going bagless. You wont be able to ride if you dont remove the straps. That being said, once you know where they mount, it take a few min. to remove and reinstall.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bit the bullet and got the factory taller windshield (its called a meter cover on the list).

dealer gave it to me for $92 AUD (about 10% discount on retail).

it comes with a new mounting plate as well as the larger screen (its taller, and wider, so the new mount makes it nice and stiff), and raises the top of the screen probably 60 to 70mm from the stock one. just enough to get the airflow up onto my helmet and off my chest. amazing so far. well worth the 90 buck investment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
And I bought and installed the sportrack (mounting plate instead of the back seat, https://www.hepco-shop.de/en/meinbike/kawasaki/z-400-2019/sportrack-for-kawasaki-z-400-2019.html) and Journey Topcase 40 (https://www.hepco-shop.de/en/journey-topcase-40-black-incl-universal-mounting-plate.html) from Hepco&Becker.

Easy installation in just some 10 minutes, the case is large enough to fit my helmet and jacket.

The only issues are that you lose the back seat (but I don't really know anyone who wants to sit there anyway) and that you need to be quite flexible to get to your seat :wink:

Will try to do the pictures later today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here it is!
Sorry for the quality - as it's already cold outside and I don't use the motorcycle now, it's in the underground garage, and I forgot the key from my car to move it away...

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can I ask where you purchased the risers and if you could go any higher with them? I’m on the fence about buying a z400 because I’m not that tall and the strain on wrists and arms would be too great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Can I ask where you purchased the risers and if you could go any higher with them? I’m on the fence about buying a z400 because I’m not that tall and the strain on wrists and arms would be too great.
The link to the risers is in an earlier post - read through the thread and you will see it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
As an alternative to a rear rack on the pillion seat I use a Kriega 20L tail pack. This fits just great, is nice and solid when strapped on and is a lot cheaper than a rack/box combo. A good option for other cheap Charlies out there, lol. It also means you have the rear seat when not in use - my son likes to ride on there with me.

I keep the under-seat straps permanently in place tucked under the seat, so super quick to fix on (I use the hooks next to the number plate for the rear straps and these add real stability, but do mean I won't be opting for a tail tidy; the hooks are too useful!).

·
Registered
570 Posts
Looking for feed back from anyone who has installed the Norton Racing super sport seat.
Me too. I am looking at a Corbin seat, or Norton’s seat. I am leaning to the Corbin but I sent them an email with a question about their seat material early last week and haven’t had a response yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if z400 uses the same size spool as ninja 400 which is 8mm?
Hey, I just joined this forum yesterday... I suppose that you has the answer right now.
But YES, the spools for the Z400 are the same as Ninja 400. I bought the spools (8mm) yesterday and they fit perfectly!

·
Registered
4 Posts
True but the mirrors act as a vibration dampner too. My bar end mirrors dont vibrate as much as the fairing mounted ones did.
I didnt have the OEM mirrors on for long but I think from memory they had better vision than lot of others I'd had on previous bikes.
Hello Kiwi, can you share a pic of what mirrors do you have in your bike?
If you can share the URL where you buy them, better!

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Hello Kiwi, can you share a pic of what mirrors do you have in your bike?
If you can share the URL where you buy them, better!

These things are ridiculously cheap so if you damage one or they loosen up in the pivot then just replace it. Mine are still going well nearly two years on.

·
Registered
4 Posts

These things are ridiculously cheap so if you damage one or they loosen up in the pivot then just replace it. Mine are still going well nearly two years on.
Wanna share a pic of how they look installed in your bike??
Another question:
Have you installed "handlebar risers"?? If the answer is YES, can you tell me which ones??
I'm trying to get ones that pull the handlebar up and back ( I mean, that the handlebar be a bit closer to the gas tank and obviously a bit up that normal position)

61 - 78 of 78 Posts