Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Z400
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After following the discussion regarding tuning / flashing the ECU on the Z400 for some time I pulled the trigger on the FT ECU bike side kit today. I pulled my ECU to check the number. It is 21175-1444 which is correct per the list and spoke to Jason at FT ECU to confirm that the harness offered for the 2019 Ninja 400 is the same part as for the Z400. The reason I did that is because Canadian websites that distribute FT ECU products do not seem to list for the Z.

Hopefully the harness will arrive in a timely manner so I can put the bike back together. First time removing the fuel tank so it was good to have Norton Motorsports' guide for that. Didn't even break the fuel rail:)

I will post my experience when I put it back together. My main reason for the flash is too turn off the deccel fuel cutout and try to get some smooth throttle response down low.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
If'n yer do'in the track side harness, make sure to watch this a time or two, (Or 10 like me.) so you wire the ECU plug properly. (y)

·
Registered
2019 Z400
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Banjoboy yep I've watched it 3 times. I think where people can struggle with adding pins is not paying attention to pin orientation and just being patient. Excited to get the harness. Thanks for the heads up about the video!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts