Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...here's another item up for sale. I received the promotion for the riding jacket when I bought the 400. I ordered a 2XL and was told last week they were out of them. I then got an email from Kawasaki stating they would upgrade me to this: https://m.kawasaki.com/accessories/item/z-textile-riding-jacket/K0085754BKLG

I just received it in the mail today and it's still in the plastic wrap. I'll sell it for $260 + shipping anywhere in the continental U.S.

As I stated in the helmet for sale post, I no longer have a bike due to an upcoming addition to the family.

Let's see if I can get pics to work...

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the same black and green color jacket in an XL, but I wish I ordered just a large instead. I'm 5' 11" and 205lbs.

I was really surprised by the quality of this free jacket. The elbows and shoulders have heavy rubber pad/plates that are removable. Plus, it comes with a high density foam back protector, also removable. It has two outside zipper pockets, two upper inside zipper pockets, 4 button belt loops, 2 breather pockets on the upper arm, 2 breather pockets above the hips, adjustable around the waist, adjustable around the forearms, velcros tight around the wrist, has a good main sipper with a button under the chin AND it doesn't have massive 'Kawasaki' branding all over it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I haven't taken mine out of the wrapping yet. Even though yours sounds too big, how was the quality?
The original one that the promotion was for I liked it a lot though 3XL just left too much room for me. I typically wear a 3XL in jackets/hoodies etc. But with this I wanted something a little more form fitting is why I wanted to swap it. They offered me the ZTextile in 2XL as the one from the promo as you found out is OOS in 2XL. (https://www.kawasaki.com/accessories/item/z-textile-riding-jacket/K0085754BKLG). I'm actually a little more excited for this one since it has the removeable liner.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the same black and green color jacket in an XL, but I wish I ordered just a large instead. I'm 5' 11" and 205lbs.

I was really surprised by the quality of this free jacket. The elbows and shoulders have heavy rubber pad/plates that are removable. Plus, it comes with a high density foam back protector, also removable. It has two outside zipper pockets, two upper inside zipper pockets, 4 button belt loops, 2 breather pockets on the upper arm, 2 breather pockets above the hips, adjustable around the waist, adjustable around the forearms, velcros tight around the wrist, has a good main sipper with a button under the chin AND it doesn't have massive 'Kawasaki' branding all over it.
I am 5' 10" 175 and I ordered the XL and I love the fit. I feel the large would have been to small for me. I have another jacket in large that someone loaned me and its a bit to small for me. I have a 46 inch chest and 51 inches around the shoulders if that helps anybody decide.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Am I asking too much?

Probably for a quick sale.... Let's be honest... its a nice jacket... it is out of season.. and its not 350.00 nice to the average buyer... thats a premium price.. with all the Kawasaki ads on the Jacket and the RUBBER kawasaki across the chest, you will be doing good at 50% price tag if you want an honest opinion... 175.00 on Craigslist would probably get it gone with a meetup at Wal-mart... or wait till the weather changes...

I like my Joe Rocket Phoenix Mesh as much if not more and it was 150.00 and it is in season plus comes with a liner for next season.. Jus'sayin... Good luck with the baby and the sale...safe travels!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think your asking to much, you can get this jacket NEW on ebay for $205 shipped...

if you would consider $150 shipped I would buy it from you lmk thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts