Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently got the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator after being on preorder. It works well, would recommend if you can swallow the price for what amounts to a couple brackets, a license plate frame, and the LED light.

One note is that they say in the instructions to splice the original license plate light connector onto new light. I didn't want to do that and didn't have to. There's a pair of a bullet connectors in the tail that are live when the key is on and I used those. I do have the accessory relay though for my USB socket in the front of the bike though; I'm not sure if that's required, check with a volt meter before anything.

Also, the original signal lights are kept in with a Philips head screw with little room for a normal screwdriver. Be careful not to strip these (one of mine seemed overtorqued and I did). Otherwise it's a pain in the ass. I had to drill out the original and buy a new screw.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did my first two mods. Black Puig windscreen and Yoshimura fender eliminator. Also put my first 30 miles on the bike today! I have to give credit to STG For the awesome instructional videos on the Ninja 400 project bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recently got the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator after being on preorder. It works well, would recommend if you can swallow the price for what amounts to a couple brackets, a license plate frame, and the LED light.

One note is that they say in the instructions to splice the original license plate light connector onto new light. I didn't want to do that and didn't have to. There's a pair of a bullet connectors in the tail that are live when the key is on and I used those. I do have the accessory relay though for my USB socket in the front of the bike though; I'm not sure if that's required, check with a volt meter before anything.

Also, the original signal lights are kept in with a Philips head screw with little room for a normal screwdriver. Be careful not to strip these (one of mine seemed overtorqued and I did). Otherwise it's a pain in the ass. I had to drill out the original and buy a new screw.
They were out of control with the thread lock when they built them at the factory. I almost stripped one of these screws and one for the windscreen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts