Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks like Yoshi has finished one of their slip ons, it still isn't listed on their site but I found this article.
I didn't copy in the youtube video as it is in the article as well.

https://motorsportsnewswire.com/2018/03/02/yoshimura-2018-ninja-400-alpha-t-slip-on/
I saw the alpha t clip on youtube recently. I guess 3% isn't awful for a slip on. The sound was awful through my cell phone but much better sounding through decent speakers with more bass. Nothing I would accuse of being great though. I'm holding out for their full system that sounds like it will land around 2 to 3 months from now. At least that was the word when I called to ask about their fender eliminator kit availability (about 5 to 8 weeks for that).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the alpha t clip on youtube recently. I guess 3% isn't awful for a slip on. The sound was awful through my cell phone but much better sounding through decent speakers with more bass. Nothing I would accuse of being great though. I'm holding out for their full system that sounds like it will land around 2 to 3 months from now. At least that was the word when I called to ask about their fender eliminator kit availability (about 5 to 8 weeks for that).
I agree, and I don't really want to pay $550 for a slip on. I'm secretly hoping that someone comes out with a low mount system, I think it would look so much better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone else strongly dislike the look of this? Heck even stock looks better in my opinion. Definitely does sound a lot better though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's pretty expensive for what it is, and I don't think the new sound is much of an improvement. I love how its advertised to deliver the "perfect pitch exhaust". I guess sound preference changes from person to person. So its been confirmed that they have a full system coming?

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's pretty expensive for what it is, and I don't think the new sound is much of an improvement. I love how its advertised to deliver the "perfect pitch exhaust". I guess sound preference changes from person to person. So its been confirmed that they have a full system coming?
Yes, sounded like the design was more or less finished but it hadn't been queued into production yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, sounded like the design was more or less finished but it hadn't been queued into production yet.
According to the sales guy I spoke with at Yoshi a few weeks back, they a were making a slip on (looks like the Alpha-T is it) and a full system to be released "shortly." My guess is we'll see something in the next 2-4 weeks.

For what it's worth, you can buy an ARROW Works stainless or Ti system now for $1200 to $1500. I'm sure the quality is there but the price is excessive. I'll be waiting for the Yoshimura or Akrapovic full system release, should be around the $700 to $800 range.

https://motostarz.com/collections/kawasaki-ninja-400-2018/products/arrow-works-titanium-competition-full-exhaust-systems-2018-kawasaki-ninja-400
https://motostarz.com/products/arrow-racing-collectors-headers-ss-2018-kawasaki-ninja-400

·
Registered
23 Posts
According to the sales guy I spoke with at Yoshi a few weeks back, they a were making a slip on (looks like the Alpha-T is it) and a full system to be released "shortly." My guess is we'll see something in the next 2-4 weeks.

For what it's worth, you can buy an ARROW Works stainless or Ti system now for $1200 to $1500. I'm sure the quality is there but the price is excessive. I'll be waiting for the Yoshimura or Akrapovic full system release, should be around the $700 to $800 range.

https://motostarz.com/collections/kawasaki-ninja-400-2018/products/arrow-works-titanium-competition-full-exhaust-systems-2018-kawasaki-ninja-400
https://motostarz.com/products/arrow-racing-collectors-headers-ss-2018-kawasaki-ninja-400
From the conversation I had with them last week I think your 2 to 4 weeks is a bit hopeful. Having said that, I hope you're right. I think for full exhaust our best choices will wind up being yosh, akra, and leo vince. Or arrow headers and whatever slip on floats your boat as long as the arrow terminates where the stock part does.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Update on Yoshimura full system:
"The full system is still in development, but should be coming soon. From what we have been told, it is getting over 4hp with the full system."

The Akrapovic muffler and header combo is quite pricey; I'm planning on picking up the Yoshi as I like the look of it compared to the Akra and it will likely be slightly less expensive as well. 4 hp is not a joke on a bike that weighs 360 lbs. Coupled with a flash should really make the bike come alive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Update on Yoshimura full system:
"The full system is still in development, but should be coming soon. From what we have been told, it is getting over 4hp with the full system."

The Akrapovic muffler and header combo is quite pricey; I'm planning on picking up the Yoshi as I like the look of it compared to the Akra and it will likely be slightly less expensive as well. 4 hp is not a joke on a bike that weighs 360 lbs. Coupled with a flash should really make the bike come alive.
Is this going to be the alpha t full system? I saw them say at one point they weren't going to bother with the r77 for the 400.

·
Registered
172 Posts
They've finally shown off the Alpha T Race Series full stainless system. Looks to provide a fairly significant boost to performance and man does it make a difference in sound, but I can see it not being to everyone's liking. MSRP: $769.00

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting. According to their sales rep there are no plans to make an R77 system for the Ninja 400. This is unfortunate, since I can't say I like the look of the Alpha-T very much. I'm going to have to go with the Akra most likely.

·
Registered
764 Posts
4.8% is crap compared to others, some full systems are getting gains of 12% and cost less, will skip this kit for now

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
It looks OK but it does sound a bit raspy in the clip. I think it's probably an honest HP gain claim. I think to get the likes of 12% out of a pipe you would need to be getting the bike Dyno tuned to suit that pipe.
12% is nearly 6HP on an unrestricted N400 so I would be skeptical of such claims for a bolt on part. But more than happy to be proved wrong and would consider getting one if so! :D

·
Registered
764 Posts
It looks OK but it does sound a bit raspy in the clip. I think it's probably an honest HP gain claim. I think to get the likes of 12% out of a pipe you would need to be getting the bike Dyno tuned to suit that pipe.
12% is nearly 6HP on an unrestricted N400 so I would be skeptical of such claims for a bolt on part. But more than happy to be proved wrong and would consider getting one if so! :D
pcv and auto tune ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
So there you go, you're comparing a tuned vs stock tune (I assume) HP claim. I personally don't like the sound, has a drone effect; and the look doesn't fit IMO, but to each their own!

·
Registered
764 Posts
So there you go, you're comparing a tuned vs stock tune (I assume) HP claim. I personally don't like the sound, has a drone effect; and the look doesn't fit IMO, but to each their own!
incorrect, im saying 12% + is with a tune a few full systems are already saying 10% + without a tune

1 - 20 of 41 Posts