Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all...I posted this on a Ninja 400 FB group but thinking someone here might have some bits and bobs.
Looking for some track parts. Anyone have the following for sale used? Figured worth an ask before I hit black friday sales.

Case Covers - Woodcraft
Brake Lever Guard - decent but affordable
Frame Sliders - pref tst or woodcraft
slip on - not really after one but if something decent for cheap I might be tempted.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I put a GSXR shock on mine before I sold it and did back to back rides for comparison to stock and the improvement is immediately noticeable…Excellent bang for the buck mod!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I put a GSXR shock on mine before I sold it and did back to back rides for comparison to stock and the improvement is immediately noticeable…Excellent bang for the buck mod!
Would just changing the shock ruin the balance? I heard the stock spring ratio isn’t balanced. So a stiffer rear would cause the front to pogo even more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@jd41 nail
Would just changing the shock ruin the balance? I heard the stock spring ratio isn’t balanced. So a stiffer rear would cause the front to pogo even more.
@jd41 nailed it. Check out the gsxr shock swap thread linked below for a lot of info on spring rate and ride height. I also picked up a new race tech spring for the gsxr shock with a spring rate suitable for my weight along with the mounting bracket from Norton. Shock Swap w/cur gen GSX-R 600/750

·
Registered
225 Posts
No. It would improve it if properly tuned/ sprung. That sounds more like a rider
@jd41 nail

@jd41 nailed it. Check out the gsxr shock swap thread linked below for a lot of info on spring rate and ride height. I also picked up a new race tech spring for the gsxr shock with a spring rate suitable for my weight along with the mounting bracket from Norton. Shock Swap w/cur gen GSX-R 600/750
input issue.
Hm ill have to read up on that. Theoretically, it makes sense though. If you stiffen the rear and keep the extra soft front forks, when going over less than ideal roads, the front would be more susceptible to the bumps more since the stiffer rear won’t provide as much dampening. Or maybe im overthinking the dynamics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts