Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading this report it would appear that Kawasaki has the top four positions on pole for Sundays race at Aragon, Spain. Good stuff.

WorldSBK

Does anyone know what the restriction rule is (if any) for the N400 to race in this class?
I know the CBR500 was restricted to a 9,500RPM redline limit last year because of its capacity advantage.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Reading this report it would appear that Kawasaki has the top four positions on pole for Sundays race at Aragon, Spain. Good stuff.

WorldSBK

Does anyone know what the restriction rule is (if any) for the N400 to race in this class?
I know the CBR500 was restricted to a 9,500RPM redline limit last year because of its capacity advantage.
Kiwi, I have searched for this information in depth, read news releases till my eyes are very tired and have not found the restrictions for the Ninja 400 at this time. I will keep searching though...If you find anything please post. :angel:

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, thanks for that.

I will cut and paste the relevant bits:

2.7.4 Minimum weight

The minimum weight for each model is as follows:
Honda CBR500R 156 Kg
Kawasaki Ninja 300 (EX300A/D/F) 140 Kg
Kawasaki Ninja 400 (EX400G/H/J) 150 Kg
Yamaha YZF-R3 140 Kg
Yamaha YZF-R3A 140 Kg
KTM RC390 136 Kg
KTM RC390R 136 Kg
At any time of the event, the weight of the whole motorcycle (including the
tank and its contents) must not be lower than the minimum weight.

n) The initial revlimiter setting for each machine is as follows:
Machine: Max rpm
Honda CBR500R 9,500 rpm
Kawasaki Ninja 300 (EX300A/D/F) 13,000 rpm
Kawasaki Ninja 400 (EX400G/H/J) 12,000 rpm
Yamaha YZF-R3 12,850 rpm
Yamaha YZF-R3A 12,850 rpm
KTM RC390 11,000 rpm
KTM RC390R 11,000 rpm

So looking at that info there appears to be no RPM restrictions as these are all standard redlines. I was incorrect earlier about the CBR being limited last season, it just has a really low redline!.

It's the minimum weights that vary with the N400 having a 10kg disadvantage to the N300 and R3, and a 14 kg disadvantage to the RC390.

·
Registered
764 Posts
if anyone wants to watch todays ninja 400 race in the worldssp300 ill let you use my account for 5 euro :) because i just purchased a month pass for 20usd... someone split it with me arhhh

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if anyone wants to watch todays ninja 400 race in the worldssp300 ill let you use my account for 5 euro :) because i just purchased a month pass for 20usd... someone split it with me arhhh
Those races in Europe are at a crap time for me, usually after midnight, no worries for you sand gropers out west though eh. :smile_big:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Those races in Europe are at a crap time for me, usually after midnight, no worries for you sand gropers out west though eh. :smile_big:
what? I dont watch them all live haha just watch when I have time, Parez seems to be a rider to look out for in the 300 class, also Davies today was very strong

·
Registered
125 Posts
There's also a new class in the AMA and BSB series. The N400 is doing pretty well in both of these as well. The only competition seems to ne the KTM RC390 which has a couple of seasons racing already so is a bit better sorted at the moment.

·
Registered
764 Posts
There's also a new class in the AMA and BSB series. The N400 is doing pretty well in both of these as well. The only competition seems to ne the KTM RC390 which has a couple of seasons racing already so is a bit better sorted at the moment.
I was very dissapointeed with the worldssp300 commentators in terms of specs ect, the entire time they where getting the details wrong during the race, "well the ninja 400 may have more performance but its only 10cc more than the 390 and due to its larger engine it means it will be heavier than its older 300 model" it went on and on with totally incorrect assumptions lol either way great racing in all category's this last couple of days including super stock, world sbk and worldssp300, now lets see what drama motogp unfolds lol

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I was impressed that the KTMs could keep up with the Ninja's. The 14kg minimum weight advantage of the KTM coming into play there perhaps.
Great close racing though. It's all about the draft!

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was very dissapointeed with the worldssp300 commentators in terms of specs ect, the entire time they where getting the details wrong during the race, "well the ninja 400 may have more performance but its only 10cc more than the 390 and due to its larger engine it means it will be heavier than its older 300 model" it went on and on with totally incorrect assumptions lol either way great racing in all category's this last couple of days including super stock, world sbk and worldssp300, now lets see what drama motogp unfolds lol
Yeah I picked up on the inaccuracies too, they obviously dont know their 300cc class bikes and are just trying to blag their way through it.
Two new bikes this season so hopefully in time they get their act sorted.

I watched race two of the SBK's last night and really enjoyed it. Pity Folger fell off but Davies rode a good race, he's looking like he may give Johnny Rea a good run this year. Makes for good viewing.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yeah I picked up on the inaccuracies too, they obviously dont know their 300cc class bikes and are just trying to blag their way through it.
Two new bikes this season so hopefully in time they get their act sorted.

I watched race two of the SBK's last night and really enjoyed it. Pity Folger fell off but Davies rode a good race, he's looking like he may give Johnny Rea a good run this year. Makes for good viewing.
Im just impressed by the kawasakis power, I remember even before the rpm restrictions the ducati would destroy anything on the straights in both motogp and world sbk but this year seems kawasaki has set the gearing up really good and just needs to focus a little more on the break but all in all for a rpm restriction on those big kawasakis they sure are doing great

·
Registered
764 Posts
What a AMAZING race, that final lap was more entertaining than the last 10 world sbk race's. I wont spoil it but man what madness, my two favourite riders went down literly a couple of seconds after the other but either way very good riding.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What a AMAZING race, that final lap was more entertaining than the last 10 world sbk race's. I wont spoil it but man what madness, my two favourite riders went down literly a couple of seconds after the other but either way very good riding.
Good to hear, looking forward to watching this after work tonite. Your lucky with your time zone.

·
Registered
125 Posts

Like Kiwirider I'll be watching tonight, but I see there seems to be an issue with some teams maybe not complying with regulations (cheating?), and the results won't be confirmed until the next round. Will be interesting to see the outcome.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Like Kiwirider I'll be watching tonight, but I see there seems to be an issue with some teams maybe not complying with regulations (cheating?), and the results won't be confirmed until the next round. Will be interesting to see the outcome.
Wat are those issues?

·
Registered
125 Posts
To quote the WSBK site:

'After the World Supersport 300 race at the MOTUL Dutch Round, four teams put forward six protests of the same kind under article 3.4. All the protests refer to technical infringement - Article 2.7.9.1, k.
Race direction have decided to keep the results of the WorldSSP300 Dutch race pending up to the final decision. Considering that further technical investigation and data analysis are required to make a fair decision, the decision will be made officially by the race direction during the Italian Round.
In order to collate the most accurate analysis, race direction will share all relevant data with the manufacturer of the rev limiter/quickshift unit that was provided to all teams.'

Sounds like some naughty boys. Might be something to do with how competitive the RC390 became so competitive, but it could be any of the teams/manufacturers.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@pwalo I hadn't heard of the protest you mention but Yamaha protested after the Ninja 400/KTM 390 domination of round one and the following alterations were made to the rules for the second round at Assen:

The Kawasaki Ninja 400 had a maximum rev limit of 12,000 rpm, and that has now been reduced to 10,850 rpm.

The KTM RC 390 and RC 390 R had a maximum rev limit of 11,000 rpm, and that has now been reduced to 10,450 rpm.

The Yamaha YZF-R3 had a maximum rev limit of 12,850 rpm, and that has now been raised to 13,100 rpm.

The Honda CBR500R had a maximum rev limit of 9,500 rpm, and that has now been raised to 10,200 rpm. Also, the Honda CBR500R had a minimum weight limit of 156 kg (343 pounds), and that has been lowered to 153 kg (337 pounds).

In addition, the Yamahas can now have modifications made to the airbox, including altering the cover of the air filter, shortening the air funnels, and removing the rubber intake tube. And the Hondas can also have modifications to the airbox, including opening up the intake snorkel and air filter cover and shortening the air funnels.

?FIM Adjusts Balancing Regulations In Supersport 300 World Championship After One Round

1 - 20 of 59 Posts