Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I miss seeing @mad_mardigen around... And wonder how he is doing with his new ride. you'd think he would pop in and show us his new ride..! Come to think of it we haven't seen @aWanderlustSeoul in a long time either..

Hi Mr Mike,

I'm still around, I was on vacation for the last couple of weeks riding my new bike :smile:

At at the 689km mark the KTM let me down on the side of the highway this Friday. To be fair to the bike, the dealer messed up the prep, they opened only one of the fuel petcocks (there are two to equalize the levels from the left and right side of the tank) The bike showed 3 bars and 120 km remaining when it just died on the highway.

I cost me 185.00 to get the bike towed to the dealer (i paid) and it took the guy 15 seconds to figure out what the problem was. Needless to say I will be putting in a very unfriendly call to the salesman requesting at the very least a full refund for the towing.

While I was waiting for the tow truck there was a collision right in front of me due to passers by looking at me on the side of the road, one guy slowed down and the other guy drove right into him. So if you find yourself on the side of a highway stay as far off the shoulder as you can, ya never know. The second picture denotes the accident caused by my breakdown

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Oh, and impressions of the bike. It's a fuc^ing monster 35 five inch seat height! I can touch both toes or one foot to Terra firma, this is a recipe for disaster. I'm going to have the suspension lowered two inches to a more sane 33 inch seat height. I do intend to do a little off road but nothing that requires 11 inches of ground clearance or 8 inches of travel.

Apart from that, the ride is very comfortable you could drive all day and it pulls from down low like a freight train. I comes with adjustable ABS & traction control settings and you can also turn them all off, if you want to die. :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh, and impressions of the bike. It's a fuc^ing monster 35 five inch seat height! I can touch both toes or one foot to Terra firma, this is a recipe for disaster. I'm going to have the suspension lowered two inches to a more sane 33 inch seat height. I do intend to do a little off road but nothing that requires 11 inches of ground clearance or 8 inches of travel.

Apart from that, the ride is very comfortable you could drive all day and it pulls from down low like a freight train. I comes with adjustable ABS & traction control settings and you can also turn them all off, if you want to die. :)
Right on man, so glad your doing ok with the new ride... Good looking bike you have there, your gonna have soooooo much fun with it. You better hit the dunes on that beast - I'm slightly jealous... if I didn't use my bike for work thats pretty much what I would be driving. Duel sports are a blast cause you can go everywhere - Good for you.

Thanks for getting back to us, you have been missed around here, Unfortunately I have to get back to a project that i have been neglecting since getting the 400, so Ill be fading from here and back to another forum - its just time I get back to it. I really enjoyed this forum and people like you that are sensible, Be safe ride safe my friend... till next time.

I wish this forum group of people had similar hobbies so we could all stay in touch... Its not the forum but the people that make it a great place to be - everyone here should buy a lathe and we could all learn together, Unrealistic I know but it would be so cool..;. Dude have a great and wonderful life, Hopefully ill see ya round.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Is everyone familiar with the universal SOS signal for bikers? Simple really, just place your helmet on the side of the road/curb front of your bike. Making sure passerby's do see the helmet clearly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts