Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

WIP baby bike racer from Melbourne, Australia

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dbrain 
#1 ·
Hey!

I asked a question yesterday and realised I hadn't posted a hello. So here I am.
I'm from Melbourne, Australia. Currently own a BMW S1000RR (2018), and I'm getting a Ninja 400 for Christmas as a little race/track/fun bike. Buying bits and pieces and researching things like safety wiring and such.

My motivation was watching some 44teeth content on YouTube, where they were being silly racing 125s around a track. Looked really fun, and I enjoy a friendly chase on the road. After some research and discovering the racing in Australia, especially Melbourne, isn't super into 125s I figured I'd find something that fits into a 300 Supersport category, so here I am.

Next year I'll be aiming to participate in some entry level muck around racing. If I do any good/feel confident and can get funds together I might step it up for the next year to something more serious, but will see how it goes. At the moment I'm a complete amateur outside of a few track days.

Basically got the 400 to have fun, without the stress of a ridiculous repair bill the S1KRR gives me on track, and something I can just chuck around and be silly.

Anyway, glad to be here, and that you guys exist. There is a lot of useful information on the forums and answers to dumb questions I've had.

See you around.

See less See more
#3 ·
Howdy! Sounds like a fun plan and you'll go through a lot less tyres lol. Yeah 44 teeth has some great content, I love it when Al goes racing on the SV. I tried twice to get over to Aussie last year to do the Cali superbike school courses but covid kept foiling my plans... One of the things I was really looking forward to was riding their S1000RR hire bikes. o_O

#5 ·
Haha yeah, the tyre thing is a good selling point I hadn't really considered. My main goal was removing variables so I could go 100% on the track without a bunch of noise in my head about costs/not having a bike/how to get home. I've done CSS Level 1 and some track days, but I was riding to Phillip Island, and if I killed the bike I was out a bike, and a way home. Now have a trailer and soon to be back up bike, so hoping the noise goes away.

Where were you thinking of doing CSS? Phillip Island on the S1KRR is great, and if you've never ridden it before, but catch a lot of televised racing, it feels a bit special.

Welcome, glad yer here; we need more brains! Everything you wanta know 'bout the 400s is here on this fine forum. (Prolly stuff you don't wanta know too? :ROFLMAO: )
Thanks! Definitely a lot of stuff I don't want to know. Pricing up all of the recommended clutch and brake improvements for racing at the moment.
I was kind of hoping I could get away without a lot of it before getting serious, but false neutrals and warped brake discs do not sound optimal ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.