Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere I saw a post where somebody bolted a top case to a Ninja 400 seat. It was way cheaper than buying a rack and looked more secure (in terms of getting stolen) then most passenger-mounted top cases, because it took advantage of the existing locking mechanism.

It sounded like a good idea and someone in my area is parting out a 2018 Ninja 400 and selling the passenger seat for $20. Anyone know if that seat would fit my bike ?

I was going to ask also about rekeying the seat but I realized the locking mechanism isnt on the seat itself but on the part the seat attaches to so I think that wouldn't be a problem.

Thank you !

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you @PinkNinja400Guy for the part #s.

@Tracy, what bag do you have there ? Is it possible for someone to simply unclip the bag to take it, or does the seat have to be removed to do so ? I know it is always possible just to cut the straps.

Registered
The straps are screwed to the bottom of the seat with short screws. So yes you would have to cut. I looped the straps above the release clips 馃悏
Oh the bag is Nelson Rigg. 3 different sizes. I think this is the mid size

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Oh the bag is Nelson Rigg. 3 different sizes. I think this is the mid size
I like the way the bag looks on the bike. A lot of tail bags look preposterously large on the 400s to my eyes.... that bag looks to be just the right size.

I do think I'd need to be a gymnast to swing my leg over with the tail bag on it though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts