Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased the non abs version of the 2022 ninja 400. I must say I absolutely love the bike! However, I unfortunately hit a deer at 60 mph. Other than a broken collar bone, arm hand and ribs. I suffered quite a bit of fairing damage. I see fairing kits for 2019-2020 ninja 400. Will a 2020 ninja 400 full fairing kit be compatible on my 2022?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for the well wishes and the information! Unfortunately I only had liability on the bike. I had it for three days with 130 miles on it. I was thinking about the all white unpainted kit from Amazon. In addition the rear brake light was shattered and the gear shift lever was bent backwards and the left clip on is bent. But I can't seem to find a left clip on bar in stock anywhere... I might try heating it and bending it back till I can find a replacement. Although I am almost three weeks in on my injuries and. Guessing probably another hour weeks before I can ride again. Any ideas of aftermarket bars other than woodcraft that will work on top of the triple tree? Or where I could find a new oem clip on? The Kawasaki website said they were temporarily out of stock.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ouch, that sound really messy! As others have confirmed the bodywork for the N400 is the same from 2018.

Might pay to check your frame, swingarm and wheels to ensure they're all straight. An impact like that can transfer a lot of energy to the other parts of the bike.

Good luck with the recovery. It's always a bit scary, but so much fun to ride again after injury.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts