Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wow! Glad that you didn't end up dinner.
馃悏
Teorist, usually the bear feedings are usually done by backpackers that wander into the mountains with beef jerky on their breath. A guy i work with was actually awakened while camping by a bear licking his arm. It made the front page local paper and the bear was hunted down by the park service and exterminated..

Registered
I don鈥檛 need to hear this. I鈥檓 heading to Wyoming to go fishing this weekend and was told to rent bear spray at the airport. No ****! Bear spray. F that. If I weren鈥檛 flying I鈥檇 be packing a 357. :)

Registered
馃悏
Teorist, usually the bear feedings are usually done by backpackers that wander into the mountains with beef jerky on their breath. A guy i work with was actually awakened while camping by a bear licking his arm. It made the front page local paper and the bear was hunted down by the park service and exterminated..
Sorry to hear that. It wasn't a maneater but a manlicker.

I don鈥檛 need to hear this. I鈥檓 heading to Wyoming to go fishing this weekend and was told to rent bear spray at the airport. No ****! Bear spray. F that. If I weren鈥檛 flying I鈥檇 be packing a 357. :)
You have to know how to make the difference between black bears and grizzlies.

Registered
It sounds crazy but of all the close calls over the years my closest was almost hitting a guy walking on the side of the road. On hwy 88 south of South Lake Tahoe going 75 mph and a guy with a fishing pole jumps out in the road without looking. He had to feel the wind because we were that close and I don鈥檛 know how I missed him and he didn鈥檛 know how close he came to possibly dieting. My adrenaline was going for 30 minutes and I didn鈥檛 go back because I would have wanted to kick his 鈥渁s or maybe he would have whipped mine with that fishing pole. Just goes to show animals are not the only stupid ones out there to watch for.

Registered
He wasn鈥檛 dieting but the phone decided that must have been what I wanted to say. If only it could do that when I am about to put my foot in my mouth.馃槀

21 - 28 of 28 Posts