Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have a wide ass foot and know of a good riding boot for wide feet? Or a company that makes wide sizes?

I just invision the top of my regular ass shoes having a hole punched through them one of these times i go to shift, and a pair of wp boots are next on the list.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My main boots for the last few years have been a pair of Sidi B2. They've held up great and accommodate my wider than average feet very well.

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
TCX. I'm on my second pair of TCX street sneakers.
My wife has been running a pair of TCX boots as well. S-Sport is the model I think. They've turned out to be a great boot too. She's not the greatest example though because she has tiny feet.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was looking at the tcx jupiter 4 goretex. I wish i could fit in a dainese, i like the dyno pro d1 boot. I highly doubt i could fit in those though.

Is there a difference between goretex and wp? I know goretex wicks water, but does that mean waterproof? Or more of water resistant. And if i get a goretex boot im assuming i need goretex socks to go with it?

I want something somewhat comfortable sporty and looks good. I probably want too much.

Ive heard tcx sidi and some alpinestars are good for wide feet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was looking at the tcx jupiter 4 goretex. I wish i could fit in a dainese, i like the dyno pro d1 boot. I highly doubt i could fit in those though.

Is there a difference between goretex and wp? I know goretex wicks water, but does that mean waterproof? Or more of water resistant. And if i get a goretex boot im assuming i need goretex socks to go with it?

I want something somewhat comfortable sporty and looks good. I probably want too much.

Ive heard tcx sidi and some alpinestars are good for wide feet.
Dainese boots/sneakers do not fit me well either. I think they are better for people with narrower fit. I have a slightly wider left foot so it's hard to find a good pair of motorcycle sneakers or boots that fit well. All my regular shoes/sneakers are just average width and I do not have to get wider sizes.

It seems that most manufacturers have their own proprietary waterproofing similar to Gore-Tex. From my experience Gore-Tex seems to breathe a better than some of the other waterproof options. My feet do get a little sweaty in the TCX WP sneakers but it's not too bad and not a dealbreaker. Clothing/shoes with Gore-Tex are more expensive so depends on if you want to spend more for it. Gore-Tex also has a life-time warranty and I do not believe the other waterproof options offer that type of warranty but I could be wrong. Based on normal wear/tear and if you plan to upgrade gear often, the life-time warranty may not mean too much but I can see it being a selling point.

If money is not an issue, I would spend the extra on Gore-Tex but it also depends on the specific gear (e.g. pants, jacket, shoes) and how much use you plan to get from them. For example, if I moved back to California, I would not spend much on waterproofing gear since it does not rain much. But if I decided to buy, I would probably go with another waterproofing option that is cheaper.

BTW I don't think you can go wrong with TCX. They get a ton of positive reviews and they only focus on motorcycle boots/shoes. Based on my experience TCX is good quality, good price point, and good protection depending on how much or little you are looking for..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dainese boots/sneakers do not fit me well either. I think they are better for people with narrower fit. I have a slightly wider left foot so it's hard to find a good pair of motorcycle sneakers or boots that fit well. All my regular shoes/sneakers are just average width and I do not have to get wider sizes.

It seems that most manufacturers have their own proprietary waterproofing similar to Gore-Tex. From my experience Gore-Tex seems to breathe a better than some of the other waterproof options. My feet do get a little sweaty in the TCX WP sneakers but it's not bad and not a dealbreaker for me. Clothing/shoes with Gore-Tex are more expensive so depends on if you want to spend more for it. Gore-Tex also has a life-time warranty and I do not believe the other waterproof options offer that type of warranty but I could be wrong. Based on normal wear/tear and wanted to upgrade gear, the life-time warranty may not mean much but I can see it being a selling point.

If money is not an issue, I would spend the extra on Gore-Tex but it also depends on the specific gear (e.g. pants, jacket, shoes) and how much use you plan to get from them. For example, if I moved back to California, I would not spend much on waterproofing gear since it does not rain much. But if I decided to buy, I would probably go with another waterproofing option that is cheaper.

BTW I don't think you can go wrong with TCX. They get a ton of positive reviews and they only focus on motorcycle boots/shoes. Based on my experience TCX is good quality, good price point, and good protection depending on how much or little you are looking for..
I live in florida, south fla to be exact.

Rain? Haha a little bit, and half the time you dont see it coming. It just *poof* happens.

Someone told me that you can order tcx in a wide size? Or are they just wider than most other manufacturers boots? I might pull the trigger on these Jupiter 4 boots.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I live in florida, south fla to be exact.

Rain? Haha a little bit, and half the time you dont see it coming. It just *poof* happens.

Someone told me that you can order tcx in a wide size? Or are they just wider than most other manufacturers boots? I might pull the trigger on these Jupiter 4 boots.
I have not seen wider sizes available online but I have purchased TCX only from RevZilla. I suggest calling their customer service (gear geeks) and they should be able to help recommend some good options and sizing. They are pretty good with their return policy and before you buy you can ask them to provide you a free return in case the sizing/width is off.

In my experience TCX runs about a half size big. I'm typically a 10.5 in Nike's and New Balance and I purchased the TCX in size 44 (US 10) and they fit well and I still have some room for my toes. Due to some foot issues, I also use a custom sole which is thicker and takes up some room.

The insoles for most moto boots/sneakers are usually crap and provide no support. They are usually removable and you can put in better custom soles.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not seen wider sizes available online but I have purchased TCX only from RevZilla. I suggest calling their customer service (gear geeks) and they should be able to help recommend some good options and sizing. They are pretty good with their return policy and before you buy you can ask them to provide you a free return in case the sizing/width is off.

In my experience TCX runs about a half size big. I'm typically a 10.5 in Nike's and New Balance and I purchased the TCX in size 44 (US 10) and they fit well and I still have some room for my toes. Due to some foot issues, I also use a custom sole which is thicker and takes up some room.

The insoles for most moto boots/sneakers are usually crap and provide no support. They are usually removable and you can put in better custom soles.
Where do you recommend for better insoles? Or just some dr scholes off the shelf?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Where do you recommend for better insoles? Or just some dr scholes off the shelf?
I have some foot issues so I finally got some custom orthopedic soles last year.

If you don't have any major foot issues and just want more cushion or support, you can get insoles at a local store or you may want to order online. Based on the type of support you are looking for, there's a ton of different options on Amazon and you can check out the reviews.

My soles are pretty thick so there are some non-motorcycle boots I had to size up in order to have enough room for the insole and foot without it feeling way too tight.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a hard time with some shoes / boots being too narrow as well.

Agree with the Alpinestars. I forget the actual model I have for track, but I have a pair of the Alpinestars S-MX 1 for the street and I'm quite happy with them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
These Alpinestars boots look like they would be good for the street. I was interested in getting a pair but it's hard to tell if they would be loose around the ankle since there does not appear to be any adjustment other than the velcro strap but the reviews are positive.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-smx-1-r-boots

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks to be the newer version of the ones I have so. Mine have a side zipper with a flap to cover the zipper that velcro's across.

They fit me perfectly around the ankle. Certainly will need to fit you right to be comfortable and offer protection. On the upside, Revzilla offers a great return policy for sizing issues.

I really like mine, they are pretty much the only boots I wear for street riding. Comfortable enough to wear walking around as well.

Reactions: aWanderlustSeoul
1 - 13 of 13 Posts