Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2018 N650 KRT. There's a 2016 Z 800 for about a little over $4k. One of the things holding me back is that the Z 800 is freaking heavy. Probably won't do it though. The thought just crossed my mind when I saw the Z for sale.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not changing bikes this year but I'll probably add another one to the stable. I've been on a green kick lately, installing solar panels on my house, trading in my daily driver for a Tesla, and now looking at the various electric bikes. Either a Zero SR/F or Energica Eva.
Dude, I am keen as **** to go electric as well. I have ridden an electric trail bike that was so fun, I got a sore face from smiling so much. I used to see a bloke who commuted on a zero and man it looked so fun to ride. Electric motorcycles make a ton more sense than electric cars and trucks because of the weight issue with big electric vehicles. I can't believe one of the major makers isn't already pumping out electric sports bikes already. Good on Harley for having the balls to bring out the livewire. Ever since I saw that Jay Leno's garage episode where he rode a lightning ls213 and described it as, "like riding a magic carpet", I have had a big electric motorcycle shaped hole in my heart :(

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not changing bikes this year but I'll probably add another one to the stable. I've been on a green kick lately, installing solar panels on my house, trading in my daily driver for a Tesla, and now looking at the various electric bikes. Either a Zero SR/F or Energica Eva.
Dude, I am keen as **** to go electric as well. I have ridden an electric trail bike that was so fun, I got a sore face from smiling so much. I used to see a bloke who commuted on a zero and man it looked so fun to ride. Electric motorcycles make a ton more sense than electric cars and trucks because of the weight issue with big electric vehicles. I can't believe one of the major makers isn't already pumping out electric sports bikes already. Good on Harley for having the balls to bring out the livewire. Ever since I saw that Jay Leno's garage episode where he rode a lightning ls213 and described it as, "like riding a magic carpet", I have had a big electric motorcycle shaped hole in my heart :(
I hear ya. But the present technology just seems so limited that only riders who can live with the limitations or early adopters will have them. I'm waiting for a 150 or 200 mile range, recharge times of under 15 minutes, and sufficient charging infrastructure. It's hard enough finding gas in Nevada, I doubt that the towns on the Loneliest Highway will be getting charging stations anytime soon. When that happens, I might be happy going electric for both my bike and my car.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I started this thread at the start of the year and threw a couple of possibilities out there for myself in the form of the Aprilia RS660 and the Ninja ZX25-R, but to be fair I was probably more interested in what every else was thinking.
Little did I realise I would be investing in another SV650 this year. Oh yeah, I can hear the groans - Oh gawd Kiwi's going on about his beloved SV's again... 😄
I'll spare ya's and save the detail for my racing thread, suffice to say it was one of those deals too good to pass up. Meanwhile here is a pic of the bike I purchased this morning. A 2019 model SV650A. It's still on a ship to NZ at present, should be here in a couple of weeks and I will collect it in six weeks when I'm passing through Wellington on a racing trip.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Is this replacing the Ninja? Nice Bike!!
No, this is race department only. Wont be coming with a plate and registration which saves me $500. I will break it in on the road though so I may have to borrow a certain part off the Ninja ha ha. I dont want to put it straight on the dyno out of the crate. Probably rack up 500 hardish road kms first.

The black and red combo is sweet. (y)
Yeah it really pops in the flesh. Its a metallic maroon. Had a choice of silver with blue frame and wheels too. I'll fit race fairings and a tail section that will get painted the same black as tank.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts