Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for soembody who has an N4 and a newer N3 in their garage.

I have a question on the fork lower brake side.

Thx...Paul

·
Director of Moderation
1,976 Posts
Comparing the fork lowers (caliper side) on the N3 & N4: Does the N3 have that "bump" on the fork lowers between the caliper bolts?
A bump?? Not sure what you mean. Don't think so looking at the pictures of them. But neither does the 400...but maybe I'm not getting what you're referring to. But if you're wondering if you can put 300 forks on a 400, or vice-versa...that's a no lol

400 forks:

300 forks:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Following.
I think I know what you're talking about. But I also think it's a machine/cast locating tab.
I LOVE these questions and want to hear how this turns out!

·
Registered
847 Posts
My 300 is in the trailer stuck in the snow, I would have to dig a pathway to the door to peek inside. AND we are expecting more SNOW Thursday into Friday...... 🥺🥺🥺
Goodthing I took the batteries out the bikes that in the trailer, they are in the garage, warm on the tender.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sbk1198's pics are accurate. Kind of hard to see in this pic but the bump for the abs sensor is there below the caliper and to the left of the axle bolt. Is that the bump you're asking about?

·
Director of Moderation
1,976 Posts
Sbk1198's pics are accurate. Kind of hard to see in this pic but the bump for the abs sensor is there below the caliper and to the left of the axle bolt. Is that the bump you're asking about?
View attachment 17060
He was asking about the one where that smaller bolt between the caliper mounting bolts are. The one holding that bracket for the sensor cable. I think that varies for both the 300 and 400 depending on if it's an ABS model or not. I know they both have different fork part numbers between ABS and non-ABS, and I think that's one of the differences, along with the bottom part where the sensor attaches.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Hmm this is giving me a totally different idea for something........not sure what Scook is cooking up here......but this gave me an idea as well........

·
Registered
847 Posts
I am of no use here, my back is out and I can’t shovel. Both my N300 and N400 are the non ABS models.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts