Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at getting a power commander for my 2019 N400 and having a custom map done on a dyno.. My buddy has a MSX125 and swears it makes a massive difference.

Have any of you guys fit one? If so, what have you noticed from the bike in terms of fuel consumption, acceleration, top speed, etc..

Will this just be more of a placebo? I have a BMC filter and Akro carbon slip-on if this makes any difference. Not bothered about price or warranty, just can't be bothered to take it in and have it done if it won't do much lol

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the FT ECU bike side kit and built a map based on PCV ignition and fueling. Does it unlock a horsepower genie? Unfortunately no. What it does allow for is proper fuel tuning if you add more modifications down the road. I have a $90 air filter, $700 exhaust, $200 velocity stacks, $370 tuner and $20 front sprocket. I hate to say it but the larger front sprocket was probably the best bang for the buck mod so far

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have been looking at getting a power commander for my 2019 N400 and having a custom map done on a dyno.. My buddy has a MSX125 and swears it makes a massive difference
Will this just be more of a placebo? I have a BMC filter and Akro carbon slip-on if this makes any difference. Not bothered about price or warranty, just can't be bothered to take it in and have it done if it won't do much lol
I'm giving a shameless shoutout for one of this Forum's vendors.. Norton Motorsports. Whether or not you purchase from them, they have a huge collection of info and data available for the Ninja 400. They've probably done more work and testing on the Ninja 400, than anyone other than, possibly, Factory sponsored racing teams. You may find most of your answers are there within their data. Good Luck.
https://www.ninja400riders.com/foru...pec-ecu-flash-now-available-dyno-results.html

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in England though, I can't send my ECU overseas to be flashed :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the FT ECU bike side kit and built a map based on PCV ignition and fueling. Does it unlock a horsepower genie? Unfortunately no. What it does allow for is proper fuel tuning if you add more modifications down the road. I have a $90 air filter, $700 exhaust, $200 velocity stacks, $370 tuner and $20 front sprocket. I hate to say it but the larger front sprocket was probably the best bang for the buck mod so far
Just curious, what velocity stacks are you using?

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
I'm in England though, I can't send my ECU overseas to be flashed :(
There will be loads of places in the UK doing it, it's quite common. They're even doing it here in NZ Lol. :biggrin:
You'll just have to do some googling and go from there. Best to find a place that has some experience with Kawasaki's or even better if they have done N400's previous.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There will be loads of places in the UK doing it, it's quite common. They're even doing it here in NZ Lol. :biggrin:
You'll just have to do some googling and go from there. Best to find a place that has some experience with Kawasaki's or even better if they have done N400's previous.
Who does it here in NZ? :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 ninja 400 with power commander 5, DynoJet quick shifter and full Yoshimura Alpha exhaust. I found this forum because I flashed the recommend tune from power commander and I'm not overly impressed. I guess for the kind of money I put into the bike I was hoping it would unleash the beast. However, I'm now searching around on the internet for other flash ideas for gains. I read a comment above about sprockets. But I'm confused. Do you go down in front or up in front for that low torque boost. I'm not looking for top speed runs. Just something to city ride and have fun on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been looking at getting a power commander for my 2019 N400 and having a custom map done on a dyno.. My buddy has a MSX125 and swears it makes a massive difference.

Have any of you guys fit one? If so, what have you noticed from the bike in terms of fuel consumption, acceleration, top speed, etc..

Gidday mate, I’m using a dynojet pc5 on my 2018 model. I chose the pc5 over a flashed ecu because I can fine tune my tune so to speak, you can’t generally play with your ecu. Basically I’m running what’s called a stage 3 engine upgrade consisting of a hyper flow exhaust, high flow air filter, modified V stacks and the power commander . ( stage 4 would include a camshaft grind ). I’ve installed an o2 senser eliminator making my tuning more accurate and for my money the performance is maybe 20% better especially in the top end on track . Just got to give it plenty of air and fuel and away you go. The power commander software is easy to navigate and customise , mechanical experience with tuning engines helps ( retired motor mechanic here ) but anything is easy when you know how right ? and the fun is in the learning is it not ? 👍
Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts