Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I found this substance in the plugs for my fuel controller and ecu. I'm assuming this isn't normal, has anyone encountered this before?
20210603_112118.jpg

·
Registered
843 Posts
People put di-electric grease on their electronics because they wash their bike or ride in the rain alot. Is that second hand used bike? My 2018 had no grease there. If you taste it, you will know for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am the second owner, that makes sense though. Just seemed odd since it was only those two plugs that were covered.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had grease on mine also and Freedy from SBU asked me wtf is this? My response was, you tell me. He then said that it was grease but he never saw that much before. He plugged it in and flashed it with no issues.

Not sure why some have grease and some don't have grease, that doesn't make sense. Maybe it depends on the time of year?

·
Registered
843 Posts
My guess is that if the bike was produced in the wet season of southeast asia (June to October), there is high humidity, monsoon, rain. Probably Kawa plants experiencing flooding and such. Check you manufacturing dates... lets get some data points. Or not.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
My guess is that if the bike was produced in the wet season of southeast asia (June to October), there is high humidity, monsoon, rain. Probably Kawa plants experiencing flooding and such. Check you manufacturing dates... lets get some data points. Or not.
Where In the VIN Is the date

·
Registered
843 Posts
Just read through the the recall page in the Kawa sight and the dielectric grease is used to remedy water intrusion. So it's a recall that you can easily fix yourself.

The second of the two recalls involves the front wheel ABS sensor wiring. I think it has something to do with the wire lead kinking and tearing. Who cares? I purged my ABS system, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts