Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in the specs of my owners manual there was reference to the EX400G or EX400J. So I went out and had a look at the label on the frame (can be viewed through the bottom ventilation slot RH side fairing) and mine is a 'G' model. Not sure what the difference is but would be interested to hear which countries have the 'J' model?

Looking in the manual specs I can see there are three different specs of ignition timing. The Malaysian and Philippines models seem to have their own spec and then Thailand models different again from the standard figures.
Small stuff but kind of interesting. :nerd:

Note: We probably have a different manual down this part of the world to Northern hemisphere models.

·
Registered
423 Posts
On the certificate of origin, the model I have is EX400GJFA.

My bike was delivered to the garage this morning, but I won’t be able to check it out until Mon.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Would the engine number have any special translation like build number, or where it was manufactured?

My engine number is EX400GEA08169

·
Registered
64 Posts
Krt and solar are abs only black i think is abs and non abs and candy plasma blue is non abs only, not sure about canadas red color.
KRT is offered with and without ABS here in Canada.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was trying to submit the Kawasaki Card Rebate for the $200 visa pre-paid card and based on the online form, there are 4 models that can be selected:

EX400GJF
EX400GJFA
EX400GJFAL
EX400GJFL

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
****, and you guys get the red/gray colorway too right? Im jelly.
The ABS model is offered in Met. Spark black, Passion Red, Candy Plasma Blue (Love this on most Kawis) and KRT.
The non-ABS is offered in Black and KRT.
We don't get the Solar Yellow option.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts