Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a new rider but am looking for a fun lightweight commuter. I was literally at the dealership last week and planned to buy a 300 2 days ago...that is until I heard about the 400. Just in time to save me from kicking myself. I love the looks, and all the improvements. Anyone know when this bike is hitting dealerships in the U.S.? Is anyone in the U.S. ordering already?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The 300 was my starter bike, but after a while I realize how under-powered it feels and it was a bit hard keeping up with my friends.

Not saying it's a bad bike, but a 400 may last you longer.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Hey NinjaPigg, like the username! I had a similiar (ish) scenario when i bought my CBR250 a few years back. Within a matter of months the CBR300 was released. I did keep the 250 for a year tho then upgraded.

The pricing in the States is the same as the old 300 was so IMO you may as well go for the 400 with its newer technology and lighter weight.

When? is the 64,000 dollar question at the moment. I would be surprised if there are any bikes in show rooms outside of S.E Asia (where the bikes are manufactured) before Xmas but I would be pleased to be wrong. One of the other members was told by his dealer it would be early in the new year, my dealer told me mine will/should be here late January but we are at the bottom of the world so no surprise there. :D

If your not he11 bent on having a bike before Xmas then I would hold off. It's cold up your way now anyways. :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Yeah, I'm kinda smitten with the 400 and the deal I was getting on the 300 doesn't seem like much of a deal now. And now we wait. This is gonna be tough :confused:

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Yes, they say patience is a virtue. If that's the case then I was born devoid of virtue! I hate waiting for a new toy. Have e-mailed Kawasaki USA and asked when the bikes are expected to hit the show rooms. Will keep you posted.
Could be worse, a friend of mine here in NZ has just ordered one of the new V4 Panigale Ducati's and he has been told it wont be here till April!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, I'm kinda smitten with the 400 and the deal I was getting on the 300 doesn't seem like much of a deal now. And now we wait. This is gonna be tough :confused:
Adding to that if you care about resale value then odds those 300's for anyone that owns then will be harder to sell. I don't know about you guys but ever since the 400 came out I completely forgot about the 300. Bike makers are realizing what we really need and a 400 resonates a bit better with that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Adding to that if you care about resale value then odds those 300's for anyone that owns then will be harder to sell. I don't know about you guys but ever since the 400 came out I completely forgot about the 300. Bike makers are realizing what we really need and a 400 resonates a bit better with that.
I agree with the above statement. I wonder now if Honda will step their game on the CBR 500 R by weight savings and a different engine configuration yielding the same 500 cc's but with more power and a wider/higher RPM range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts