Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the bottom fairing on the wssp300 ninja 400's makes the bike look beefy and helps from getting junk on the exhaust when riding, anyone know anywhere to find it? here's a photo of the winners aka Anna carrascos ninja 400 and it looks beautiful

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
It's probably a 'bath tub' style bottom cowl to catch any oil and coolant leaks and keep that stuff off the track. We have to run this style of lower fairing at my track to meet the rules.
Does look good tho.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's probably a 'bath tub' style bottom cowl to catch any oil and coolant leaks and keep that stuff off the track. We have to run this style of lower fairing at my track to meet the rules.
Does look good tho.
any idea where to purchase it? i think looking at the screws on the bottom it will fit on the stock bike as well and I like that it covers so much more closer to the rear wheel, really wouldnt mind having one for myself

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
any idea where to purchase it? i think looking at the screws on the bottom it will fit on the stock bike as well and I like that it covers so much more closer to the rear wheel, really wouldnt mind having one for myself
No but @SDM! got some race fairings recently so he may have done some scouring for race parts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the race bodywork does look really cool but keep in mind that it looks like you would have to remove the kickstand.

Kind of makes it a pain for day to day use.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm sure those are race skins. As @Kiwi Rider mentioned they are bath tub style on the bottom to prevent fluid leak on the track.

You can order the 2 side fairings and bottom from crc. Leave your front and rear with the lights. It will take some modification to get the race fairings attached to your front fairings as normally they use dzus fasteners on race fairings. You don't use all of the original mounting holes.

Yes you can cut out for the kick stand. Not good for a race bike but it can be done for a daily driven bike.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure those are race skins. As @Kiwi Rider mentioned they are bath tub style on the bottom to prevent fluid leak on the track.

You can order the 2 side fairings and bottom from crc. Leave your front and rear with the lights. It will take some modification to get the race fairings attached to your front fairings as normally they use dzus fasteners on race fairings. You don't use all of the original mounting holes.

Yes you can cut out for the kick stand. Not good for a race bike but it can be done for a daily driven bike.
I dont think the crc bottom fairing are as long as the one in those photos I posted, I want the bottom faring just like that image to cover the entire bottom of the bike all the way back to the rear wheel

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Do you own the crc fairing kit???

·
Registered
460 Posts
I dont think the crc bottom fairing are as long as the one in those photos I posted, I want the bottom faring just like that image to cover the entire bottom of the bike all the way back to the rear wheel
As in my other post different topic yes I own a set. They just arrived at my house on Monday. I am working out of country so I havent had time to look at them in person. My little brother has already taken them to be wrapped. Once they are wrapped a friend of ours will change from the stock fairings to the wrapped ones.

I will post pics when they are done sometime next week.

http://www.ninja400riders.com/forum/9-ninja-400-general-discussion-forum/1077-my-400-operating-table-9.html#post18745

1 - 12 of 12 Posts