Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this might be of interest esp as some riders (generally the long commuters) get a few k's/miles on their machines. Always good riders brains to pick about potential wear items.

I've just hit the 3,000km mark (1875 miles)

All good apart from flat profile showing on the rear tyre already.

·
Registered
40 Posts
just rolled 650 miles on it last night, and didn't look after I got to work this morning. I've only had the thing for about a week and a half - so...not bad I suppose :) Did the initial inspection on Sunday - everything looked great. That said, the chain is at the loosest it is "allowed" to be, so I'll probably tighten that up a tad.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Still 0...

I've had my KLX out once but it seems after word got out that I bought a new bike, Spring got pushed back by a solid month...

·
Registered
146 Posts
155 miles, waiting for this **** cold season to pass already! We're still expected to get more snow this weekend...I need to move to a warmer state lol

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3K as well, and I thought i rode alot geez kiwi where do u find the time
Lol, things will slow down now as we head into winter. We have snow down to 400m on the hills last two days :(

I did 750 km the first weekend I had the bike (initial excitement!) then at Easter I did 2000km. The rest has been local blasting around having fun on it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
im at 3000km not to much because I have been splitting it between the other bikes ;) plus the sv1000 has heated grips for those cold mornings

·
Registered
178 Posts
Currently at 510 miles (821 km). The weather hasn't been too cooperative lately, but I'm having some fun. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just hit 3500km today. I love my heated grips so much haha, they're an absolute life saver. I'm still debating getting a new pipe and power commander or a pipe and reflash, any advice here?

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just hit 3500km today. I love my heated grips so much haha, they're an absolute life saver. I'm still debating getting a new pipe and power commander or a pipe and reflash, any advice here?
Your getting good use out of that bike! Do you commute? I probably already asked you this, too many people on here now Lol.
Your heated grips will have been getting good use of late too eh.

Yeah I'm looking at doing the same mods. Regarding the pipe I'm just waiting until a few more options are available. From some reading I've done it appears a reflash and a power commander works well together but it's a lot of coin to chuck at an 8K bike that probably wont be a long termer.
I'm going to ask the guy at Dynoworx in Asburton for some advice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your getting good use out of that bike! Do you commute? I probably already asked you this, too many people on here now Lol.
Your heated grips will have been getting good use of late too eh.

Yeah I'm looking at doing the same mods. Regarding the pipe I'm just waiting until a few more options are available. From some reading I've done it appears a reflash and a power commander works well together but it's a lot of coin to chuck at an 8K bike that probably wont be a long termer.
Yeah I do about 500km to and from work a week (weather dependant) and tear up the streets of Chch afterwards. Heated grips are just fantastic! The ninja is my first bike and I'm on my L plate, so I have to keep it for ages anyway. I'm thinking I'll wait for my restricted, then get a pipe and tune. At this stage I think I'll keep her till she dies, hopefully hundreds of thousands of kms in the future hahaha

·
Registered
65 Posts
25 miles

Got the bike on 5, put 9 on it going home, and took it out for a little 11 mile ride yesterday after I got home from work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
So far I'm on 1700++km, going for my second service tomorrow morning at 9am (read UTC+8). Things look well, though the vibration is still there, unlike what I've read in the forum so far. But still not that bad compared to my previous bike. Front brake starting to get spongy, had to add foam grips because the grip rubber ate my palm skin (sorry, not wearing gears as it's hot like 28-31 deg here in Singapore), but all's well so far. THe bike heats up after cold faster now. Dunno good or bad news.

I'm looking to replace stock exhaust with either Akra, Leo Vince or Two Bros. Waiting for both the local distributor as well saving up for it. Will share if I manage to get them!

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far I'm on 1700++km, going for my second service tomorrow morning at 9am (read UTC+8). Things look well, though the vibration is still there, unlike what I've read in the forum so far. But still not that bad compared to my previous bike. Front brake starting to get spongy, had to add foam grips because the grip rubber ate my palm skin (sorry, not wearing gears as it's hot like 28-31 deg here in Singapore), but all's well so far. THe bike heats up after cold faster now. Dunno good or bad news.

I'm looking to replace stock exhaust with either Akra, Leo Vince or Two Bros. Waiting for both the local distributor as well saving up for it. Will share if I manage to get them!
Forum tip: Never openly admit to this on a motorcycle forum as you will have the ATTGATT brigade on to you every time Ha ha. :D

I'm a firm believer in ATTGATT but I probably believe in 'each to their own' more. Plus it's easier for me to wrap up in my cool climate. I've ridden bikes in S.E. Asia, I know where your coming from.

·
Registered
47 Posts
912 miles(1,467km) in 5 days. Got it on 4/20.
I've been riding it normally (like a madman) since mile 600 although I'm still wearing in those clutch/tranny parts at 8k+ rpms.

So far I've done 122, with room to go.
Loved my 300 but GOD I LOVE THIS BIKE!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Forum tip: Never openly admit to this on a motorcycle forum as you will have the ATTGATT brigade on to you every time Ha ha. :D

I'm a firm believer in ATTGATT but I probably believe in 'each to their own' more. Plus it's easier for me to wrap up in my cool climate. I've ridden bikes in S.E. Asia, I know where your coming from.
Eyy no worries @Kiwi Rider, but thanks for the heads up! Though I'm starting to 'convert' myself to wear more protections, as there's an increase frequency of accident here.

Trying to save up and buy mesh material gears, but now having a problem with the glove dept, as I have long fingers. :/

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eyy no worries @Kiwi Rider, but thanks for the heads up! Though I'm starting to 'convert' myself to wear more protections, as there's an increase frequency of accident here.

Trying to save up and buy mesh material gears, but now having a problem with the glove dept, as I have long fingers. :/
Well, you know what they say about men with long fingers... :grin:
Hey post up some links if you find any good mesh gear. I'm doing a tour in Thailand in July and the tour company suggests purchasing a mesh riding jacket prior.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Still 0...

I've had my KLX out once but it seems after word got out that I bought a new bike, Spring got pushed back by a solid month...
LOL I hear you. Spring started on Saturday here. I managed to get 250km on the bike Sat, Sun & Mon then torrential rain started on Tuesday and looks like thats what were going to get till Tuesday next week :sad:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts