Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

Registered
Yeah I'm not very unique with the avatars either lol It's just me...but at least I got the photographer to do some cool editing on the pic.

Registered
My avatar is obvious. the Z400. My user name is more interesting. I've shot every kind of camera in my career. Lots of studio product work, 500 weddings, family portraits and almost anything clients would pay me to shoot. My wife bought The "Flash Bantam" for an exhibition to her photography show and I just adopted the name.
FlashBantam20.JPG

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
My avatar is obvious. the Z400. My user name is more interesting. I've shot every kind of camera in my career. Lots of studio product work, 500 weddings, family portraits and almost anything clients would pay me to shoot. My wife bought The "Flash Bantam" for an exhibition to her photography show and I just adopted the name. View attachment 13859
And that camera is how old? Unless I'm wrong, you weren't even a breathe of air when this camera was originally introduced.

Registered
And that camera is how old? Unless I'm wrong, you weren't even a breathe of air when this camera was originally introduced.
**** you're good, this model started production in 1947. Most of my career was medium format, 35mm and some 4x5 work. Transition to full digital in 2004ish. I never actually shot this Kodak Flash Bantam, just decor on a book shelf.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
**** you're good, this model started production in 1947. Most of my career was medium format, 35mm and some 4x5 work. Transition to full digital in 2004ish. I never actually shot this Kodak Flash Bantam, just decor on a book shelf.
Lucky guess. After my father died, I had the chore of dispersing some camera equipment. Nothing professional, for sure, but all 35mm. I literally couldn't give away the camera bodies. Had a few takers on several lenses. I've no imagination for art, and photography definitely falls into that category. I'd do as poor a job behind the camera as I do in front.

Registered
I was IT fer a school district, 'n had to go from school to school, classroom to classroom fix'in stuff. Since soccer moms are drop'in off or pick'in up their kids, it can be hard to get in & out of schools in mornings 'n afternoons, so I always rode.
One dark, rainy (Torrencial downpour.) day, I dun got a ticket to help a librarian, who happened to be a sista from Harlem.
I get there, 'n she's like;
"oh I'm so sorry you gotta ride in this weather."
Me;
"Well, actually I don't have to ride, There's a nice little Tacoma sitting in the garage at home, I just choose to ride."
Michelle;
"You got a pick 'em up truck, and you're riding in this weather? Your family tree ain't got no branches, you're like that little banjoby!"
Me; " :ROFLMAO: That's the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life! :ROFLMAO: I was rolling around on the floor laughing! :ROFLMAO:
I'm technology services, come'in to fix her computer, and she calls me the banjoboy! :ROFLMAO: And this is after we sign a 100 page doc saying we won't discriminate, bully, no sexual harassment blah, blah, blah,,....:ROFLMAO:
Since the sista "keeps it real" 'n since I have a warped, twisted sence of humor, we've become good friends. :cool:
I was wondering about the avatar. I am glad you shared your story. I thought you were related to Joe Biten the hair sniffer and groper. LOL . I too am currently working for a school district..

Registered
One of my hobbies is going fishing and getting away from the daily grind. I would hear, hey Phil you been fishin?
Then I would tell them the catch report or no and what ever reason why not. From kayak fishing off of La Jolla in the ocean, to fishing on a Jet Ski in the ocean off of the coast, to yearly tuna trips. It just seemed like the right avatar.

Premium Member
Nice, butt wut duz this have to do with boats? :unsure:
I just posted an explanation for "What's Behind My Avatar"...LOL

My username is my actual Nickname, for "somewhat" personal reasons...;)

Reactions: Banjoboy
21 - 40 of 66 Posts