Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of us find comfort in things others don't give a second thought.
Some of us find it easier to hide in plain sight.
If we take the time to sort, select, and display...
Surely those results have meaning... Or may not.
Each of us gets to decide.
So... What's behind your Avatar?? :whistle:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
In all honesty, nothing really is behind it...........other than I found that skit funny back in the days.....when Sat. night live was funny and not just an outlet for a bunch of crazy celebrities to push their twisted political agenda's

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've stolen my doggo's identity for use on motorcycle forums. I'm using his picture and name here, at Sport-Touring.org, the IBA, Riderforums (for my olde Ninja650R) and at the defunct but still online Blue Ride Performance forum (also for the N650R).

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I was IT fer a school district, 'n had to go from school to school, classroom to classroom fix'in stuff. Since soccer moms are drop'in off or pick'in up their kids, it can be hard to get in & out of schools in mornings 'n afternoons, so I always rode.
One dark, rainy (Torrencial downpour.) day, I dun got a ticket to help a librarian, who happened to be a sista from Harlem.
I get there, 'n she's like;
"oh I'm so sorry you gotta ride in this weather."
Me;
"Well, actually I don't have to ride, There's a nice little Tacoma sitting in the garage at home, I just choose to ride."
Michelle;
"You got a pick 'em up truck, and you're riding in this weather? Your family tree ain't got no branches, you're like that little banjoby!"
Me; " :ROFLMAO: That's the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life! :ROFLMAO: I was rolling around on the floor laughing! :ROFLMAO:
I'm technology services, come'in to fix her computer, and she calls me the banjoboy! :ROFLMAO: And this is after we sign a 100 page doc saying we won't discriminate, bully, no sexual harassment blah, blah, blah,,....:ROFLMAO:
Since the sista "keeps it real" 'n since I have a warped, twisted sence of humor, we've become good friends. :cool:

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I was IT fer a school district, 'n had to go from school to school, classroom to classroom fix'in stuff. Since soccer moms are drop'in off or pick'in up their kids, it can be hard to get in & out of schools in mornings 'n afternoons, so I always rode.
One dark, rainy (Torrencial downpour.) day, I dun got a ticket to help a librarian, who happened to be a sista from Harlem.
I get there, 'n she's like;
"oh I'm so sorry you gotta ride in this weather."
Me;
"Well, actually I don't have to ride, There's a nice little Tacoma sitting in the garage at home, I just choose to ride."
Michelle;
"You got a pick 'em up truck, and you're riding in this weather? Your family tree ain't got no branches, you're like that little banjoby!"
Me; " :ROFLMAO: That's the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life! :ROFLMAO: I was rolling around on the floor laughing! :ROFLMAO:
I'm technology services, come'in to fix her computer, and she calls me the banjoboy! :ROFLMAO: And this is after we sign a 100 page doc saying we won't discriminate, bully, no sexual harassment blah, blah, blah,,....:ROFLMAO:
Since the sista "keeps it real" 'n since I have a warped, twisted sence of humor, we've become good friends. :cool:
Great story mate, I’m all for keeping it real vs the PC route.

·
Super Moderator
1,184 Posts
When we gave our newborn son his first bath in the kitchen sink of our boat, he looked like a monkey with his arms and legs sticking out and he was screaming like a monkey so I nicknamed him atomic monkey. All of our racing boats have been called various versions of atomic monkey. The pictures are from our first race boat.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I don't have any good reasons. Airhead83 seemed logical since I rode an '83 airhead BMW for close to 34 years. And the avatar is from a child's cartoon, 'Gruffalo.. and the mouse' (lower left). On any given day I can feel like either one of these fellas. The two together remind me that things aren't always as they appear. And I try to accept that..

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I don't have any good reasons. Airhead83 seemed logical since I rode an '83 airhead BMW for close to 34 years. And the avatar is from a child's cartoon, 'Gruffalo.. and the mouse' (lower left). On any given day I can feel like either one of these fellas. The two together remind me that things aren't always as they appear. And I try to accept that..
I used to have a 1981 airhead BMW (R65) so good thing I didn’t go for airhead81 or that could have really confused things, even more than they are now! ?

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
An R56 eh? Heck, that's a rare beast indeed... Pics or it didnt happen! :LOL:
Ooooppppps, ment R65LS

These old Bring Mor Wallets were high quality, simple, easy to work on, reliable design, (Sans points.) but then Bring Mor Wallet lost their way, and started designing bikes that are over complicated Rube Goldberg things!

·
Registered
149 Posts
OMG, wood paneling and that old computer and printer takes me back in time. Our IT guy was a cool dude and I learned everything I could about our system. Before DSL was available we had to send discs to the General Office every night.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts