Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

Director of Moderation

Director of Moderation
Threw on some Michelin Cup EVO tires on and had a track day at Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca and I'm loving this bike. Just ordered some tire warmers to avoid wasting time on the first laps warming up the tires.

Pics or it didn't happen!!

Let's see the bike in track trim. I don't recall you posting anything like that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Pics or it didn't happen!!

Let's see the bike in track trim. I don't recall you posting anything like that.
Didn't take any pics but here's the gallery from the track photographer 19 - Oxymoronphotography

Mods so far include evol rearsets and clip ons, EBC rotor, vesrah rjl pads, fren tubo lines, ohlins KA 745 shock, traxxion linear springs, Michelin cup EVO tires, cox radiator guard, Norton steering stop and bitubo damper kit.

Registered
What's up. Looking for a ninja 400. Probably buying new and making it track only. I've owned a ninja 300, and currently own a zx6r and zx10r. Going back to the little bike. I'll be searching the forum around for some useful info on suspension and setup.
[/QUOTE
Hi there, I鈥檝e updated my 400s suspension for the track what would you like to know ? Daz.

Registered
I've figured out about as much as I can using the stock forks. I'm getting some cartridges before I proceed with more changes.
I installed Andriarni Evo inserts, actually I replaced the rear shock a few days before the inserts arrived and found that the stock forks started working better, the om rear shock is useless really with minimal preload adjustment only. . However the ability to fine tune comp, rebound and preload is essential front and rear. The upgrade turns the 400 into an actual sports bike safe at hi speeds and changing conditions

Registered
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
New brake pads. Feels like the RJL's wore out quickly. Switching over to DP RDP pads. I have those on my zx10r and I like them. More power, progressive feel, durable.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Last track day of the year. Time for some mods. Next up is an ECU flash and some engine case covers. I was going to drop some cartridges into it but I'm fairly content with the respring I did and ohlins rear shock.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts