Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
2,867 Posts
Those Evol Tech rearsets and clip ons look sweet

Rocco Landers used Evol rear sets on his bike last year. Supposedly the peg position is quite a bit higher on those than most other brands. They seem to be pretty nice but Evol stuff is expensive. I think those are like $600 or more.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Just ordered the Evol Tech clip ons and rearsets, norton steering stop and traxxion dynamics linear springs. :cool:. Ordering an ohlins shock if available, if not penske.

Anyone tracked the bike on the stock sportmax 300 rubber. Are they ok or is it better to just swap them out for a track day?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've have ridden my son's on the stockers and they do just fine to a point then they begin to slide but slide predictably, which was kinda fun but would only do it on a track day where the ego is easily checked.:)

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Once you get a bit of confidence up and start pushing/sliding the rear it creates a flat spot on the Sportmax real quick and you'll stuff the tyre. Could be a fun way to finish them off though and get something more suitable! I did find them predictable though, no nasty surprises.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Why spend all that money and time fixing up the bike just to go out and crash it all on crap tires???

A good set of TD tires are cheap compared to crashing and lot more fun.
I just wanted some feedback from people that have ridden the stockers at the track.

I don't buying a new set. Plenty of options. S22, Q3+, Power RS, etc...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
You are aware that a red one has a 78% higher chance of a ticket in the first year in comparison to all other colors?
🐉
I was not because I've never gotten pulled over riding on the street. I "cruise" with street riding and do "spirited" riding at the track.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Rearsets (evol), clip ons (evol), fork springs (traxxion), fork oil (Maxima), shock (Ohlins KA 745), steering stop (norton) and galfer pads (1370) on the way. Now I need some sticky rubber.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Exhaust (Laguna Seca edition...aka stock?) lol
Yes 😔. Although I'm tired of their BS and boycotting this year. I've tried to talk to the board supervisors and all they want to do is shut down so screw them and their shady deals with Nagiri. I tried reaching out to get a mini track going but they don't listen unless you have a big company behind you. I can identify as a "minority" with a major business for cred but screw that. Identity politics disgusts me.

·
Director of Moderation
2,867 Posts
Yes 😔. Although I'm tired of their BS and boycotting this year. I've tried to talk to the board supervisors and all they want to do is shut down so screw them and their shady deals with Nagiri. I tried reaching out to get a mini track going but they don't listen unless you have a big company behind you. I can identify as a "minority" with a major business for cred but screw that. Identity politics disgusts me.
Well luckily for you there are other tracks as well in California as long as you're willing to travel a few hours. I know Laguna is convenient for you because it's really close, but still...go race with AFM or CVMA and have some fun at other tracks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Well luckily for you there are other tracks as well in California as long as you're willing to travel a few hours. I know Laguna is convenient for you because it's really close, but still...go race with AFM or CVMA and have some fun at other tracks.
I think CMRA will be a good fit 😝

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
61 - 80 of 98 Posts