Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up. Looking for a ninja 400. Probably buying new and making it track only. I've owned a ninja 300, and currently own a zx6r and zx10r. Going back to the little bike. I'll be searching the forum around for some useful info on suspension and setup.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Welcome to the forum, these are fun little bikes and an incredible value. Read up about the weak sauce clutch, if yer gonna be track'in, you'll wanta beef that up for sure. (y)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum, these are fun little bikes and an incredible value. Read up about the weak sauce clutch, if yer gonna be track'in, you'll wanta beef that up for sure. (y)
Thanks. The clutch on my 300 used to slip so I am assuming its the same issue. Stiffer clutch springs needed?

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Clutch springs worked great for me, butt I'm just a street squid. Installed 'em w/ less than 2K mi. cuz once yer clutch starts slip'in, it's toast.
Norton Motorsports has any/everything you need. :D

·
Director of Moderation
1,989 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
**** dogg, yer come'in to my hood; almost! There's a big-ass fire (The August Complex, 18% contained) west of the track, when you gonna be there? Hopefully you'll have an off shore breeze. (y)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome and this bike is very capable platform with some simple mods.There is a ton of info here to look over that will save you a lot of time and money.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
**** dogg, yer come'in to my hood; almost! There's a big-ass fire (The August Complex, 18% contained) west of the track, when you gonna be there? Hopefully you'll have an off shore breeze. (y)
Deciding on a date in October. Fires all around me here too in Monterey county!

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
The Z is cheaper, (leave'in mor money for mods. 😁 ) butt you'll prolly lose out on long straights w/ less aerodynamics?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don’t have a Z handy, but I’m doubting there’ll be proper mount points for race plastics. I could be wrong. You’re not going to lose that much top speed, I wouldn’t worry about it unless you’re racing.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts