Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Whelp....the deed is done. 1st person at my local beemer dealership to put a deposit down on this badboy. I have the first dibs on any M that gets to the dealership. Funny thing is.... they cant tell me which ones they will get. BMW tells the dealership you are getting this many of these. So I asked for the White Lightening but if the Black one is the first one they get, Ill be getting the black with the M competition package which isnt available in the white color. Oh well. 20 years of marriage and this is my present. super stoked

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 400 ABS in Candy Persimmon Red
229 Posts
Whelp....the deed is done. 1st person at my local beemer dealership to put a deposit down on this badboy. I have the first dibs on any M that gets to the dealership. Funny thing is.... they cant tell me which ones they will get. BMW tells the dealership you are getting this many of these. So I asked for the White Lightening but if the Black one is the first one they get, Ill be getting the black with the M competition package which isnt available in the white color. Oh well. 20 years of marriage and this is my present. super stoked
Congratulations — bikes just don’t come much nicer than that new (M) R model.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anyone ever get a chance to ride a big boy SM?

iv owned the 400 for a few years and it was fun as all get out!

My street legal bike is a Husky 701 SM. It's a ton of fun, and feels surprisingly practical for local commuting. Upright riding position, good gas milage, counterbalanced engine doesn't vibrate much. It wouldn't be my first choice for long rides or lots of highway miles, but aside from that, I love it. It's the bike that got me back on the racetrack last summer and it's super forgiving/easy to ride. Letting the back wheel break loose on dirt roads is a riot. Mine is pretty stock, some Cycra hand guards, fuel dongle, and wings exhaust is about it. The dongle and exhaust are must haves (stock pipe with cat runs HOT).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've been on the wait list for the Damon HyperSport for a few years it seems. They are claiming 2023 is the big year. We will see.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow, that looks cool! I found a 200 mile range, but can't seem to find a weight anywhere...
With today's latest tech, it's going to be at least 550lb if they expect 200 miles of range. If they keep it under 600 lb, I'll sign on the dotted line.
The HD Livewire EV bike is 550lb, and it has 100 miles highway range. But it is not aero, and tech is improving.
The Livewire is a fun bike, but top speed is limited to about 110 IIRC.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
95 Posts
The range is right. It would be great if the charging times are acceptable.
The odd thing about EVs is the balance in charging, power, weight, price:

The bigger the battery, the faster the charge can be in "miles of charge per hour".
The bigger the battery, the more HP you can suck out of it. It is usually the limiting factor.
The faster it charges, and the more HP it can run, the shorter the relative lifespan, and the higher cost per kWh (capacity).
And of course, a big battery that charges fast and makes high HP is both very heavy and very expensive.

They could make a 200HP EV motorcycle that weighs 450lb, but the battery would not last a year, nor have 200 miles of range. And it would be at least $40,000.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
There've been big improvements over the last decade. I'm hoping that the improvements continue.

I'm kinda old fashioned regarding e-vehicles. I've regarded getting off of oil to be in our national interest since the 73 Arab Oil Embargo. Even with fracking, oil continues to be a strategic weakness because international markets can be easily manipulated. I also support the environment, but I've had an interest in alternative fuel vehicles for several decades because of the dependence our economy has on oil.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There've been big improvements over the last decade. I'm hoping that the improvements continue.

I'm kinda old fashioned regarding e-vehicles. I've regarded getting off of oil to be in our national interest since the 73 Arab Oil Embargo. Even with fracking, oil continues to be a strategic weakness because international markets can be easily manipulated. I also support the environment, but I've had an interest in alternative fuel vehicles for several decades because of the dependence our economy has on oil.
In my opinion, the #1 reason to go EV is performance in the real world. Instant full power at all altitudes and speeds.

If you get a chance, ride the LiveWire, and peg it. POW! It accelerates like a liter bike instantly. Ditto for EV cars/trucks.

But to be honest, the bikes aren't quite there yet. The LiveWire has an advertised highway range of 95 miles. That means range anxiety can come sooner than 50 miles if ridden in anger.

I keep trying to test the Zero Motorcycles offerings, but their dealers are more flaky than a box of corn flakes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My next bike I really would like a Yamaha R1 blacked out. Definitely keeping my Ninja 400 b/c it's an awesome bike and tons of fun, but I badly want an R1 lol. Thinking of putting an order in for a 2023, which is like $18k not including tax and out the door fees, cheaper than most all other leader bikes though, and it's an amazing bike that could easily be priced higher.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey :)

Just wondering what plans (if any) you have as to your next bike? I assume most have Kawasaki 400's here, what are your future plans for it? How long do you plan to keep it? 1 year? 3 years? Forever? If you do intend to get another bike, what bike? Why?
I absolutely love my 400... but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the look, smell and sound of a Ducati.. their pearl white looks amazing. Being a small female though, I doubt I'll ever end up getting one. For now I'm happy with my 2022 ninja 400, I've been customizing it and plan on keeping her for a while. I've even named her lol
Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I absolutely love my 400... but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the look, smell and sound of a Ducati.. their pearl white looks amazing. Being a small female though, I doubt I'll ever end up getting one. For now I'm happy with my 2022 ninja 400, I've been customizing it and plan on keeping her for a while. I've even named her lol
View attachment 26197
View attachment 26196
View attachment 26195
HOT……I see the stunt cage on her, do you be wheeling that beauty?

81 - 100 of 131 Posts