Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Anyone ever get a chance to ride a big boy SM?

iv owned the 400 for a few years and it was fun as all get out!

My street legal bike is a Husky 701 SM. It's a ton of fun, and feels surprisingly practical for local commuting. Upright riding position, good gas milage, counterbalanced engine doesn't vibrate much. It wouldn't be my first choice for long rides or lots of highway miles, but aside from that, I love it. It's the bike that got me back on the racetrack last summer and it's super forgiving/easy to ride. Letting the back wheel break loose on dirt roads is a riot. Mine is pretty stock, some Cycra hand guards, fuel dongle, and wings exhaust is about it. The dongle and exhaust are must haves (stock pipe with cat runs HOT).

· Registered
198 Posts
Love the blue btw! I took mine to a moto meet this week.. still debating if I want to take her on track or stunt... maybe it's time for me.to save for a bike I can drop a few times lol

View attachment 26255
I don't know anything about stunting...but my guess is yes, you'd want something "droppable". I wouldn't hesitate to do a novice track day on the street bike though. Your first day you should be feeling out the track, getting some instruction, and not going 10/10 pace...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts