Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,444 Posts
I don't see anything that meets my needs better than my N400. And I don't see my needs changing, except maybe if I try off-roading. So, I'll probably be keeping my Ninjette Noire until electric bikes are perfected (i.e., 200+ mile range, 5-minute charge, same size & same or lower weight).

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Amen brother. Off-roading? You do have Medicare with a supplement don't you? :)
I'd be careful, slow, and likely only stay on the gentler trails. No point in hospitalization if it can be avoided. :rolleyes:

It would be a different experience with a motorcycle, and there's a lot of great places in the backcountry out west where the tourists can't go unless they get off the paved or gravel roads.

There's a place offering an off-road course nearby that I've wanted to try. But my real concern is that I still have my OEM knees, and they're probably not sufficient. But maybe after an upgrade to titanium aftermarket parts? :D

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Some of the most fun I’ve ever had was on dirt bikes. Forest trail riding and even some hare scrambles. But you gotta know going in you’re going to crash a lot. Usually giggling and fun but sometimes it hursts. Dirt bikes rank right up there with mini bikes for hurting senior citizens. :)
Most dirt bike riding videos seem to include at least one crash. I caught the bug--at least for thinking about it--watching YouTube adventurer Everide in Utah and Colorado. The scenery was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBn8MR2Gyc_Ee50y_4ECfaQ

· Registered
2,444 Posts
I don't know about a next bike, but if I were to have two bikes, I'd like a dual sport similar to the KLX 300 I tested at the recent demo days. It would expand the whole biking experience to ride dirt trails in the mountains.

That, and move to the mountains.

· Registered
2,444 Posts
There've been big improvements over the last decade. I'm hoping that the improvements continue.

I'm kinda old fashioned regarding e-vehicles. I've regarded getting off of oil to be in our national interest since the 73 Arab Oil Embargo. Even with fracking, oil continues to be a strategic weakness because international markets can be easily manipulated. I also support the environment, but I've had an interest in alternative fuel vehicles for several decades because of the dependence our economy has on oil.

· Registered
2,444 Posts
IMHO, learning to ride and learning to drive should both be done without electronic aides. And then after becoming proficient, one should learn how the electronic aides actually work and what they really do. I remember the people who thought that antilock brakes meant you can stop on ice just like on pavement and learned that hard way that ABS only helps control steering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts