Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey :)

Just wondering what plans (if any) you have as to your next bike? I assume most have Kawasaki 400's here, what are your future plans for it? How long do you plan to keep it? 1 year? 3 years? Forever? If you do intend to get another bike, what bike? Why?

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Z400
21 Posts
Very good question. Personally I like the 400 just enough power to get me around city and highway but not too much that I’ll get myself in trouble with my wife lol. Great on gas and easy to maneuver. Definitely intend on keeping her till she gives out. Enjoy the styling if I do swap her out it would be for a new model.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Like Z400Robles said. I will keep the 400 I have and if it goes kaput I'll get another just like it. That doesn't mean it will be my only bike. But I'm weird with the reasons (and excuses) I come up with to justify buying a bike. I bought a 200cc Chinese sport bike sorta Ninja look alike just because I wanted to see what kind of fun I could have with 17 hp. There was a time when I got hit by the collector bug and had 35 bikes and after the divorce even kept one on display in my living room. My next bike could be anything from a small displacement dirt bike to ... who knows?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Currently I have 4 bikes…….N400, 2010zx6r, 2006 GSXR 600 and 2016 GSXR 750. The N600 will be sold soon. I plan on keeping the 400 for a few more years, track only at this point. May sell the GSXR 600. I like the N400 for the technical tracks and the 600 & 750 for the faster less technical tracks. I am looking at the Yamaha R7. I have not ridden one yet but sat on a few. I know it has less HP than the 600s but supposedly handles amazing. So my thinking is this, little bike N400, medium bike R7, and big bike 750! 😎😎😎

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk
897 Posts
I been thinking at my age……
View attachment 24891
You're a mess. 😂😂
I laughed so hard when I'd seen that. 😍👍

I never sell anything and keep things until they're worn out.
N400 is a keeper.
VTR1000 is a keeper.

Next bike will either be a ZX6R-636 or the new ZX400R with the inline 4 motor.
I've always wanted an inline 4 screaming her song between my legs while riding her. 😁
Yeah I meant that to sound what you're thinking you dirty minds. 😂🤙

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I don't see anything that meets my needs better than my N400. And I don't see my needs changing, except maybe if I try off-roading. So, I'll probably be keeping my Ninjette Noire until electric bikes are perfected (i.e., 200+ mile range, 5-minute charge, same size & same or lower weight).

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I don't see anything that meets my needs better than my N400. And I don't see my needs changing, except maybe if I try off-roading. So, I'll probably be keeping my Ninjette Noire until electric bikes are perfected (i.e., 200+ mile range, 5-minute charge, same size & same or lower weight).
Amen brother. Off-roading? You do have Medicare with a supplement don't you? :)

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Amen brother. Off-roading? You do have Medicare with a supplement don't you? :)
I'd be careful, slow, and likely only stay on the gentler trails. No point in hospitalization if it can be avoided. :rolleyes:

It would be a different experience with a motorcycle, and there's a lot of great places in the backcountry out west where the tourists can't go unless they get off the paved or gravel roads.

There's a place offering an off-road course nearby that I've wanted to try. But my real concern is that I still have my OEM knees, and they're probably not sufficient. But maybe after an upgrade to titanium aftermarket parts? :D

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I'd be careful, slow, and likely only stay on the gentler trails. No point in hospitalization if it can be avoided. :rolleyes:

It would be a different experience with a motorcycle, and there's a lot of great places in the backcountry out west where the tourists can't go unless they get off the paved or gravel roads.

There's a place offering an off-road course nearby that I've wanted to try. But my real concern is that I still have my OEM knees, and they're probably not sufficient. But maybe after an upgrade to titanium aftermarket parts? :D
Some of the most fun I’ve ever had was on dirt bikes. Forest trail riding and even some hare scrambles. But you gotta know going in you’re going to crash a lot. Usually giggling and fun but sometimes it hursts. Dirt bikes rank right up there with mini bikes for hurting senior citizens. :)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

You'd be amazed at what titanium replacement parts can do. Just like they aren't there and will never break.
🐉

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Some of the most fun I’ve ever had was on dirt bikes. Forest trail riding and even some hare scrambles. But you gotta know going in you’re going to crash a lot. Usually giggling and fun but sometimes it hursts. Dirt bikes rank right up there with mini bikes for hurting senior citizens. :)
Most dirt bike riding videos seem to include at least one crash. I caught the bug--at least for thinking about it--watching YouTube adventurer Everide in Utah and Colorado. The scenery was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBn8MR2Gyc_Ee50y_4ECfaQ

1 - 20 of 34 Posts