Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I would like a small exhaust (length and width) because I have to fit the motorcycle down a narrow hallway, and a small exhaust will give me more room. Preferably one that isn't expensive either.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
My Arrow Pro-Race sticks out much less than the stock exhaust. It's been a help since I park between two cars in my tiny developer-special sized garage. My guess is that the Coffman Shorty might be the physically smallest, but it might also be very noisy.

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
This^
But if youre still looking for a slip-on route, i remmeber seeing toce exhausts which look pretty flush

View attachment 20238
This is my favorite looking exhaust for the N400. But it's really expensive. OP says he is looking for one that isn't so this most likely is not a good fit for him.

Reactions: Matt7635

·
Registered
775 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Isn't the widest part of the bike the handle bars (or the mirrors, although those can fold in)? Not sure an exhaust would help with that problem. You can fit the bike in a space as narrow as about two and a half feet or whatever the width is from bar end to bar end.
Handle bars aren't the problem, because I have to make couple turns as well. The exhaust gets in the way. With that cleared it will fit.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Duckman's advice sounds good: if you push standing on the right side, you have no exhaust on the left. So it is like you have no exhaust at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Duckman's advice sounds good: if you push standing on the right side, you have no exhaust on the left. So it is like you have no exhaust at all.
The hallway turns are not wide enough to be on one side. Have to sit on it.

It's a pain, but its free parking and safe. I live in center city Philadelphia. People be messin with your motorcycle if its outside..

·
Registered
389 Posts
I ran a Coffman's for a year, super compact and light however exceptionally loud, even with the baffle in. It popped and backfired more then I liked.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The Kemimoto aka the Amazonian, is pretty small and cheap. For the price, it does an excellent job. Mine is pretty narrow.
Yeah, that's what the Grandson put on his I think. Came from Amazon and was cheap. Holding up very well and is smallish
ZZ

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had a fake SC project slip-on from Amazon that was $35ish USD. It was only on my bike for the 15 min test ride. Wayyy too loud imo, and there was popping. Im too cheap to get a tune, so I took it off when I got home. I did like the look and weight reduction though.
Fitment wasn't perfect either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
1 - 19 of 19 Posts