Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1961 - 1980 of 1985 Posts

· Premium Member
Ninja 2022 400 ABS & 2003 Yamaha R6
159 Posts
Finally got the bike ready to ride again after a hectic week tearing it down , seeing some broken pieces along with a bent tab or two, and getting it all back together again so I can actually ride again. 😂🤦🏻

The high flow radiator is sweet and the bike never got past 4 bars when letting it idle for 30 minutes testing out the new coolant, water wetter, and distilled water mix.

I went back with the green glycol coolant but did a custom mix to have enough coolant to go to only 10 degrees with my 20/ 80 coolant to water mix.
Had the fan come on several times while idling to ensure all was good with no leaks or air pockets in the system. 👍

I also replaced my broken shifter thanks to @Pmack for having a spare and readjusted it for better ergo and easier shifting. 😁

The bike is cleaned up once more to new condition albeit for a few character adding scuffs from my fall back in October.
The pearl yellow side vents had to be thrown out as the right side broke from me hitting it from my foot on the fall and the left was scratched up badly as well so back to the OEM silver vents until I can source the yellow vents once more.

I added the db killer to the muffler to quell some of the volume and actually like it. It's still loud but not obnoxiously so. 😉

All in all I'm happy it's done and rideable once more but another 4-5 weeks must pass and I'll be a newb all over again. 😂🫣
A couple of pics for ya and she sleeps until I get home. 🥰

View attachment 26992 View attachment 26993
I def need those seats. how long did it take for norton to send?

· Registered
681 Posts
Finally got the bike ready to ride again after a hectic week tearing it down , seeing some broken pieces along with a bent tab or two, and getting it all back together again so I can actually ride again. 😂🤦🏻

The high flow radiator is sweet and the bike never got past 4 bars when letting it idle for 30 minutes testing out the new coolant, water wetter, and distilled water mix.

I went back with the green glycol coolant but did a custom mix to have enough coolant to go to only 10 degrees with my 20/ 80 coolant to water mix.
Had the fan come on several times while idling to ensure all was good with no leaks or air pockets in the system. 👍

I also replaced my broken shifter thanks to @Pmack for having a spare and readjusted it for better ergo and easier shifting. 😁

The bike is cleaned up once more to new condition albeit for a few character adding scuffs from my fall back in October.
The pearl yellow side vents had to be thrown out as the right side broke from me hitting it from my foot on the fall and the left was scratched up badly as well so back to the OEM silver vents until I can source the yellow vents once more.

I added the db killer to the muffler to quell some of the volume and actually like it. It's still loud but not obnoxiously so. 😉

All in all I'm happy it's done and rideable once more but another 4-5 weeks must pass and I'll be a newb all over again. 😂🫣
A couple of pics for ya and she sleeps until I get home. 🥰

View attachment 26992 View attachment 26993
Go put some miles on it!

· Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 😂🐙
1,256 Posts

· Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 😂🐙
1,256 Posts
Yep! I have also been doing exercises to get in better shape.
Good core work, squats, calf raises, push ups, military dumbbell press, one arm rows, and walking are quite good for riding track.

When others take a break from a session to recover you'll still be out there getting your grin on. 😂😁
Fitness is key. 🤙

1961 - 1980 of 1985 Posts