Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1901 - 1920 of 1985 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Tires off. Clutch cable adjusted per the rear wheel spin method, R6 throttle cable and heated grips on and adjusted. Fork oil swapped. Time for the tapered bearings and the valve check....and darn. The valve cover is on pretty darn good. Also about to swap in the gsxr rear shock once I figure out how to support the weight of the back of the bike. Tie straps and hook from the ceiling.

· Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 😂🐙
1,256 Posts
Tires off. Clutch cable adjusted per the rear wheel spin method, R6 throttle cable and heated grips on and adjusted. Fork oil swapped. Time for the tapered bearings and the valve check....and darn. The valve cover is on pretty darn good. Also about to swap in the gsxr rear shock once I figure out how to support the weight of the back of the bike. Tie straps and hook from the ceiling.
If you're front end is supported properly you can use a 2x4 under the oil pan and car jack to get the load off the rear for the shock swap.

Just make sure the 2x4 is placed properly when you do and having the rear wheel off helps too.
Good luck. 🤞👍

· Registered
198 Posts
I ordered up most of next season's upgrades. M4 full exhaust, Norton Flash, Norton stacks, air filter, and annitori quickshifter. I'm hoping that the combined gains here will make a noticeable difference. Currently vibe is "I work hard so my motorcycle can have nice things." Last piece of the puzzle will be fork cartridges but that can wait until Jan.

· Premium Member
Ninja 2022 400 ABS & 2003 Yamaha R6
159 Posts
I ordered up most of next season's upgrades. M4 full exhaust, Norton Flash, Norton stacks, air filter, and annitori quickshifter. I'm hoping that the combined gains here will make a noticeable difference. Currently vibe is "I work hard so my motorcycle can have nice things." Last piece of the puzzle will be fork cartridges but that can wait until Jan.
How hard is it to install a Quickshifter?

· Registered
1,256 Posts
How hard is it to install a Quickshifter?
It's not that hard but to do it properly the seat and tank will have to be removed.

First thing you hook up is the coil piggyback plugs supplief by your quick shifter, run their wires to where you'll be installing the module, and then power connections are next.

Most install the QS module under the pillion seat or rider seat.
Next you'll have to disassemble your stock shifter , set up your QS shifter to your liking, length, and whether it's going to be GP shift or standard shift.

Once all that's laid out and you're happy with how it fits your foot ergonomics you'll run the wire to the QS module and that's pretty much it.

From there you'll crank the bike and setup how long of a delay will be on the QS shift. I won't go into details there as everyone has their tastes in the timing of the setup.

Once done enjoy the merits of your work and that smile you have that just won't go away. 😁😉👍

· Registered
198 Posts
I pulled the ECU tonight to ship out for flashing tomorrow. It's definitely fiddly accessing it. I noticed a couple connectors had a ton of white grease on them, but others didn't. Struck me as strange. Does anyone have any insight on what that's about, or could it just be a random assembly tech went hard w/ the squeeze bottle?

· Registered
1,256 Posts
I pulled the ECU tonight to ship out for flashing tomorrow. It's definitely fiddly accessing it. I noticed a couple connectors had a ton of white grease on them, but others didn't. Struck me as strange. Does anyone have any insight on what that's about, or could it just be a random assembly tech went hard w/ the squeeze bottle?
It depends on the connection, where it is located in the bike, and the importance of it's electrical connection.

The dielectric grease is there as a waterproofing and anti corrosive lube for the connection.

Certain connections will have rubberized sealing connections that are made well enough in it's sealing it won't be necessary for the dielectric grease.
These are also connections that will be open and closed the least whereas the greased connections are probably used more often for disconnection and reconnection.

That's my best explanation for how connections differ and why grease is used and not used. 👍
40 years an electronic tech and 3 years building, testing, and bringing online Naval weapons systems for the DDG war ships experience. 😁🇺🇸

1901 - 1920 of 1985 Posts