Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1821 - 1840 of 1985 Posts

· Registered
2022 Z400ABS
66 Posts
So far still looking good after a month and change of riding on a daily bases almost. No rust prior to painting only did it because the multi color exhaust pipe seemed to stand out too much for my taste. Paints holding up good so far. View attachment 25029
Wow that looks good! I don’t know what kind of stainless steel Kawasaki uses to make these exhausts, but it seems that after a couple of years (depending on your particular conditions), some of them end up looking like they were fished up from the bottom of the ocean. Did you ever see some of the used ones on eBay? Yechhh.

· Registered
390 Posts
And the other bike is????
I suspect you are thinking the other bike is something interesting like maybe a ZX10R or at least a 636 like my oldest son has. Well, you are not going to believe that I passed up an opportunity to ride my Ninja KRT with 400cc's and 49hp in favor of my Lifan KPR with 200cc's and a whopping 17hp with a top speed of 75mph... downhill... with a brisk tail wind....drafting behind a Chevy Spark driven by Gramma..... but that underpowered wannabe sport bike is a lot of fun to just play at trying to ride fast. Not to mention the Lifan's seat is soooo much more comfortable than the Ninja's oak board pretending to be a seat.

However, tomorrow is another day and I already put my camera on the Ninja sooooo.....😄

· Registered
One engine, 2 wheels, reformed squid rider 😂🐙
1,256 Posts
I suspect you are thinking the other bike is something interesting like maybe a ZX10R or at least a 636 like my oldest son has. Well, you are not going to believe that I passed up an opportunity to ride my Ninja KRT with 400cc's and 49hp in favor of my Lifan KPR with 200cc's and a whopping 17hp with a top speed of 75mph... downhill... with a brisk tail wind....drafting behind a Chevy Spark driven by Gramma..... but that underpowered wannabe sport bike is a lot of fun to just play at trying to ride fast. Not to mention the Lifan's seat is soooo much more comfortable than the Ninja's oak board pretending to be a seat.

However, tomorrow is another day and I already put my camera on the Ninja sooooo.....😄
I love your comments and yeah riding a 17hp bike would be rather fun to wring out on the streets without getting a ticket for speeding. 😂😉

· Registered
2022 Z400ABS
66 Posts

What kind of camera would you recommend, and how did you mount it?

· Registered
390 Posts
What kind of camera would you recommend, and how did you mount it?
Another poster... Pmack... suggested the Akaso EK7000 pro so I bought one and and and am quite pleased with how it performs. Here is an example video.....
And the camera can be found on Amazon for $85....
https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-Adjustable-Waterproof-Control-Accessories/dp/B07JR1XZ78?th=1

As for mounting... first of all I added a windshield extension
https://www.amazon.com/DUILU-Motorc...08HCHWS7C/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
and I used the mounting bits included with the camera but also made brackets to help steady the camera using oddball stuff I had on hand. I didn't want to rely on the sticky tape mounting system so I drilled holes in that extension (didn't want to mess up the Ninja windshield) and bolted it all up. But I will strongly suggest tethering the camera to that windshield extension because I already lost one camera when a mount broke.

An added benefit is that windshield extension helped take some wind buffeting off my helmet.

· Registered
681 Posts
I love your comments and yeah riding a 17hp bike would be rather fun to wring out on the streets without getting a ticket for speeding. 😂😉
It seems I can get a performance award(ticket) on dang near anything, but it has been a hot minute since I got one.
I have had more fun on low cc bikes over my lifetime than I have had on 500+cc bikes. The 500+cc bikes were "more intense fun" and thus more deserving of the performance awards. 17hp in the right hands can destroy me on my 400 at the moment on the right street or track. Low hp bikes teach corner speed, big cc bikes teach throttle control. I would bet @Bikenut would beat most forum members through tight corners on his KPR.

· Registered
2022 Ninja 400 ABS KRT Edition
177 Posts
Installed some parts I’ve been sitting on for a while. Finally threw on the TST LED front turn signals (and relay, of course). Also, after seeing the 2023 N400 I decided I wanted a little more green on the bike, so I ordered the Lime Green cowlings to break up the black a bit. After the installs I decided she needed a wash, polish, and wipe down. So much grime on the fronts and backs of the bottom cowlings.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tints and shades Art Font Personal protective equipment Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Purty bike(s)! OEM knees can be a pain for sure. Mine were upgraded to metal long ago. But those upgrades cost lots more than Ninja upgrades!
And installation of aftermarket upgrade knees requires a highly trained mechanic--not for DIY! :p

· Registered
515 Posts
No I don't think running would be an option! How do you get on for kneeling and generally crawling around under the bike? My Dad's had one of his knees replaced, and I understand movement is ok forwards and backwards, but comprised otherwise. Still a lot better than a damaged knee!

· Registered
2,422 Posts
No I don't think running would be an option! How do you get on for kneeling and generally crawling around under the bike? My Dad's had one of his knees replaced, and I understand movement is ok forwards and backwards, but comprised otherwise. Still a lot better than a damaged knee!
My only real issue is going down stairs or down a steep slope. The ACL’s are gone again so the joint shifts a lot.

1821 - 1840 of 1985 Posts