Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1641 - 1653 of 1653 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I took Ninjette Noir out for about 50+ miles today. Milwaukee had a couple of days above freezing, and the roads were clear. Here's some shots of some picturesque churches and a park near the Milwaukee River in West Bend.
Building Tire Window Wheel Sky

Sky Cloud Building Window Tree

Sky Snow Automotive tire Tire Tree

·
Registered
11 Posts
That actually looks good on the bike and not at all in the way when in the up position.
May I ask where you got yours?
Thanks. 🙏
If it’s the same one, I got mine via Coolsheep on Amazon. Chose green to match the KRT livery.

Installed my EvoTech radiator guard and Puig windscreen today. Swapped out my LighTech spools for Pit Bull. Also dealt with my EvoTech tail tidy since I got my license plate a couple days ago. I’ll finish the install tomorrow.

All that’s left (for now) is the Woodcraft frame sliders. Eric from Woodcraft emailed me and assured me they’ll fit perfectly, so that’s Sunday’s project.

·
Registered
101 Posts
:p It was. All the cold weather gear and the grips were on either 4 of 5 or 3 of 5. The only thing I could have added were thermal long-johns. 🥶
Nice 79 down here in south Texas . I didn’t even think about the liner for my jacket(usually carry it just in case) but tomorrow will be a little different-I think upper 50’s.🔥

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can confirm that the Woodcraft no-cut frame sliders do fit the 2022 N400 ABS. My fault for thinking otherwise. Tackled that project today. Couldn’t figure out a great way to remove the relays on the left side to remove the side fairing so I just balanced the fairing and did the work with the relays and that area connected.

All that’s left is bar ends and front fork sliders but I don’t consider those crucial, so I’m happy with the installs I’ve done so far: GB Racing covers, EvoTech radiator guard, Pit Bull spool arms, Puig wind screen, Snake Skin tank pads, Norton seat, EvoTech tail tidy, and the frame sliders.

No more excuses—time to get out there, ride, and work on the fundamentals.

·
Registered
20 Ninja 400 prior - 84 GS550 88 Ninja 600 91 ZX-7R 98 GSXR750 04 XB9R
218 Posts
Welp, the winter blues set in so I spent a bunch of money. Today I installed my flashed ECU from 2WDynoworks, Antigravity 4-cell battery, R6 throttle tube and Coolsheep kickstand buddy.
Also ordered the full Luimoto gold gel and seat covers kit in white.

I’m going to go broke if this snow doesn’t melt soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does taking my first “real” ride count as doing something to my bike today? Put on all the gear, fitted my tank bag (worked like a charm—thank you, Baxter), and spent a good 30 or 40 minutes riding different routes around my neighborhood. Worked on keeping my head up, staying on the balls of my feet, getting a feel for braking distances and starts, and running through the gears and rev matching. Only forgot to cancel my turn signal once.

On another note… What’s with the people in cars and SUVs tailgating (or rear-tire-gating, I guess) bikes? Nobody in my family has ever ridden but I was taught by my parents when I got my license to never drive close to bikes and always give them some time and distance during starts from dead stops. Two drivers in my neighborhood—max speed limit 35 MPH—rode my rear tire like they wanted to hop on the back for a ride.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk
222 Posts
On another note… What’s with the people in cars and SUVs tailgating (or rear-tire-gating, I guess) bikes? Nobody in my family has ever ridden but I was taught by my parents when I got my license to never drive close to bikes and always give them some time and distance during starts from dead stops. Two drivers in my neighborhood—max speed limit 35 MPH—rode my rear tire like they wanted to hop on the back for a ride.
That's when you tell them in sign language they are number 1. 🖕 😂😇
Works every time. 👍

·
Registered
930 Posts
Funny and tempting, but I wouldn't do so. You are so much more vulnerable and unless you can pull away safely and even then up for a fight, I wouldn't recommend it.

1641 - 1653 of 1653 Posts