Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1621 - 1640 of 1653 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Removed some decals and added one Ninja raised 3d decal. Zero Gravity Sport Touring windshield installed, Added tank pad after trimming it down. That KRT lime green honeycomb pattern on the side panel had to go. Waiting on a "400" decal to be placed on tail. Installed Corbin seat. TST tail light also installed; rear signal lights removed.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Green Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did my first work on my 2022 N400 today! Also, my first work ever on a motorcycle.

So, learned how to remove most of my fairings. I didn’t remove the largest of the side fairings fully as I determined—to the best of my ability—that the Woodcraft no-cut frame sliders won’t fit the 2022. If I ever hear that TST confirms fitment of their LED front turn signals for the 2022 N400, I’ll be right there to remove the side fairings. The no-cut Woodcraft sliders just seemed like they would interfere with the fairings, so I didn’t bother starting the install. I could be wrong and I may take another run at it but didn’t want to get frustrated my first time working on her.

So, I installed the GB Racing clutch, water pump, and alternator covers, LighTech spool arms, and TechSpec Snake Skin tank pads (if we count sticking something on as an install).

Forgot to install the Evotech radiator guard, but that’s simple enough. Waiting to install my tail tidy after I get my plate, so probably February for that due to long Nevada DMV lines and lack of appointments this month.

Interestingly, this is the first time many of my neighbors have seen me with my bike. They all stopped to comment and ask what I was up to. I wasn’t expecting attention not even sitting on her and just working on her, but alright.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk
222 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is the Corbin seat our best option for a more comfortable seat? Should I not even bother with the Kawasaki Ergo-Fit seat or whatever they call it?
Best option I don't know, could be something on YouTube. Maybe others can remark on the Ergo seat. All I know is that the Corbin has been a definite improvement and I do not want my money back on that seat. It does not seem to add any height compared to the stock seat either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Best option I don't know, could be something on YouTube. Maybe others can remark on the Ergo seat. All I know is that the Corbin has been a definite improvement and I do not want my money back on that seat. It does not seem to add any height compared to the stock seat either.
Awesome. Thank you for the insight.

Gonna put my ignorance on display and ask what the kickstand mod does. Is it like a permanent kickstand pad for hot asphalt, gravel, etc.?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awesome. Thank you for the insight.

Gonna put my ignorance on display and ask what the kickstand mod does. Is it like a permanent kickstand pad for hot asphalt, gravel, etc.?
Yes, helps keep your bike from keeling over in soft dirt, etc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is the Corbin seat our best option for a more comfortable seat? Should I not even bother with the Kawasaki Ergo-Fit seat or whatever they call it?
I have the Norton Motorsports seat and it’s much better than the stock seat. It may not look as good as the Corbin but it costs less than half the price since it’s a reworked stock seat. I have a Corbin on my Bandit 1250 and its better than stock but it took a lot of miles to break in and its still a little hard but as I said it does look good.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yes, helps keep your bike from keeling over in soft dirt, etc.
I like the idea and the price seems good also. I may order one. Does it work well for soft ground?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can't praise the Norton seat enough. Do a search for Norton seat and a few review threads will show up.
I haven’t seen anyone really praising the Corbin seat. They have said it is much better than stock but I think some may have thought “wow I paid over $400 for this “. The worst part is the Corbin is the only true replacement seat if you don’t want to recover a modified stock seat. Where is Sargent and the other companies that do offer sport bike seats?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I haven’t seen anyone really praising the Corbin seat. They have said it is much better than stock but I think some may have thought “wow I paid over $400 for this “. The worst part is the Corbin is the only true replacement seat if you don’t want to recover a modified stock seat. Where is Sargent and the other companies that do offer sport bike seats?
Throw a few dollars at your local upholstery shop. You might be surprised.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Throw a few dollars at your local upholstery shop. You might be surprised.
I wanted to but the local guy who is good didn’t have time for a motorcycle seat(custom cars waiting) and the other is a Harley rider who wasn’t really interested. My choice became Norton or keep looking and since Norton’s people have done at least a few I decided to pay a little more and hope for the best. I was told $350 by one person so Norton was not the highest by any means.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I forgot to say someone else on here used Seth Lamb and had a really nice job done to match his white N400 but I am pretty sure he paid more than Norton or a local yocal.

·
Registered
2021 400 ABS
14 Posts
Don't know if this pic helps, maybe should have taken it from above to show distance from frame, etc. May take another. I have a great fear of bike falling over, particularly with my kids riding it ahow may be less conscious of how firm ground is where they park. Also have bought plastic ones that you place under kickstand when you park put kids would never use them and I constantly forget to pick up and ride away without them, so this seems like the perfect solution. Beefy little sucker, weight is only 4 oz but it seems pretty hevy when you hold it in your hand. Hope the bike doesn't list to the left when riding😂
Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 400, 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk
222 Posts
Don't know if this pic helps, maybe should have taken it from above to show distance from frame, etc. May take another. I have a great fear of bike falling over, particularly with my kids riding it ahow may be less conscious of how firm ground is where they park. Also have bought plastic ones that you place under kickstand when you park put kids would never use them and I constantly forget to pick up and ride away without them, so this seems like the perfect solution. Beefy little sucker, weight is only 4 oz but it seems pretty hevy when you hold it in your hand. Hope the bike doesn't list to the left when riding😂 View attachment 21560
That actually looks good on the bike and not at all in the way when in the up position.
May I ask where you got yours?
Thanks. 🙏

1621 - 1640 of 1653 Posts