Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1601 - 1619 of 1619 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 400
10 Posts
My parts collection is starting to add up.. I should be done collecting everything before the year ends, after Black Friday sales. Can’t wait to throw the LexTek Exhaust on and give it a rev.

Hard to find option parts collected: oem factory tinted large windscreen, Kawasaki garage mat, oem helmet lock, oem seat cowl (not pictured) and oem 400 tank bag (not pictured) that I was able to source.

Should be a really clean build when I finish building it!

• Corbin Seat
• Trex Lowering Kit
• eBay Radiator Guard
• LexTek Slip-on Exhaust
• Shogun Frame Slider Kit
• GB Racing Engine Protectors

OEM:
• Manual
• Lanyard
• DC Outlet
• Seat Cowl
• Tank Pads
• Garage Mat
• Helmet Lock
• Tank Bag (4L)
• Tinted Large Windscreen

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I picked up Ninjette Noir from the doctors today. I took her in yesterday for her 15,000 mile check up and adjustments. All was well. She's ready to go wherever she wants, as fast as she wants.

And tomorrow is going to be a good day to ride!

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 400 ABS in Candy Red
100 Posts
Took it out on Saturday for ride on an increasingly rare sunny, dry day, and ended with a tankful of ethanol-free gas and a bit of Stabil…then Sunday cleaned the bike and chain and over-inflated each tire by a couple PSI, and threw a sheet over it and called it a riding season. Did the same with my R1250R a couple weeks ago…never an easy thing thing to do, but the cruel Seattle weather gods don’t care about this fair-weather rider’s feelings.:confused:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Bike is in storage. It was a good season. My third season riding the motorcycle (actually more like 2nd and a half) and the most mileage I put on the bike.

I did a bit more maintenance and improvement than the other years: putting one heated grips, changing the slip-on, adjusting the chain and wrestling with an O2 sensor problem. So, I learned more about the bike. For next season, there is a chain change coming and ECU flash. I also plan to learn to change the coolant and brakes.

Riding wise, I rode more and longer on it, my longest trip was over 3 hours and that in the Canadian fall so it was chilly. I also improved my technique following the discussion on the cornering thread: https://www.ninja400riders.com/threads/cornering-technique.8264/#post-104986. Thanks to all who posted there, especially @sbk1198 who did not give up on trying to explain that I was wrong and to @NinjaBird for his Twist of the Wrist 2 suggestion. So, this season I concentrated on improving my cornering technique. I took a break from slow speed practice for 2 reasons: one, to use the time to correct my mistakes and two, because it was probably one of the reasons that I got the bad habit, I was translating the clutch use from very low speed to high speed.

Next season, I am looking to get back to more slow speed practice and integrate everything: slow and highway speed as well as moving my awareness from technique back to just being aware of the environment. Also, either next season or the following one, maybe a couple of street oriented track days.

1601 - 1619 of 1619 Posts