Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1561 - 1580 of 1619 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I gave her a thorough wash yesterday and discovered a small chunk of metal in my rear tire and that the emitter on my Scottoiler had dislodged and become damaged. So today I dug through my stuff and found my old school one side emitter and put that on. And since it was time to clean and lube my chain, that happened as well.

The worse that could happen if I pull the little bit of metal from my tire would be a need to plug it. But since my tires are starting to resemble the top of Fred Munster's head, it might be better to just buy new tires a little earlier than I'd planned.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Since I'm in cleaning mode, I took the armor out of my gear and threw it all in the wash. I also gave my helmet and boots a good scrub.

Reactions: Teorist

·
Registered
860 Posts
Fitted sintered Brembo pads, adjusted the throttle cable, and cleaned the bike. Nice way to spend a quiet evening during lockdown. :)
How do you adjust the throttle cable? I did adjust the clutch cable with the help of the forum but I am not sure how to go about the throttle. I don't want to open it and mess it up. Do you have any resources describing the procedure?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Today I fiddled more with the Scottoiler. I mentioned in another thread that the display on my E-System had gone out, but the pump appears to still work. I asked them about troubleshooting or replacement, and they gave me some suggestions. So off with the fairings! Joy! Sarcasm! (To be serious, I still watch the STG fairing removal video every time I remove them, the effort to put this out is appreciated!) I decided against just ordering another display because the thing was moved over from my prior bike, and so maybe the pump is also nearing its natural end.

Starting to research tires. It looks like Michelin Road 5 is out of stock in our sizes at a lot of different places. That was my first choice. :mad:

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Well ... my dealer says that they can get Road 5s in our size by this Friday. They're a bit higher than online, but they have them and online wasn't too promising. So I ordered a set. I could maybe stretch the OEMs out a little further, but they're flatter than I'd like if I were to take @Tracy up on his invitation to the Dragon or if I can actually hit my plans to ride the Chief Joseph Highway, the Beartooth Pass and the Going to the Sun Road this year. I'll give up some miles on the stockers but feel a bit better on the road.

I'm at 9808 on the stock Dunlops. I plan to be over 10K before I switch. Maybe it's OCD?

My cheap bike is getting expensive between replacing the Scottoiler and tires together.

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Well ... my dealer says that they can get Road 5s in our size by this Friday. They're a bit higher than online, but they have them and online wasn't too promising. So I ordered a set. I could maybe stretch the OEMs out a little further, but they're flatter than I'd like if I were to take @Tracy up on his invitation to the Dragon or if I can actually hit my plans to ride the Chief Joseph Highway, the Beartooth Pass and the Going to the Sun Road this year. I'll give up some miles on the stockers but feel a bit better on the road.

I'm at 9808 on the stock Dunlops. I plan to be over 10K before I switch. Maybe it's OCD?

My cheap bike is getting expensive between replacing the Scottoiler and tires together.
In the words of Bob Barker
" COME ON DOWWWN "
🐉

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Sold it. Used facebook market place for first time to save on listing + success fees and it worked OK despite being winter time. Took about 6 - 8 weeks but I didn't accept any offers and got what I wanted.
Take over day is next Friday so I'll put a few bits back on this weekend and change the shift pattern back to stock.
Doesn't feel sad, I had my fun on it. Next! :giggle:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
A friend in the UK recently bought a Triumph Street Twin and has been putting on the miles according to his Facebook posts. So I rode to the nearest Triumph dealer in Woodstock Illinois to take a look. They offered me a test ride, but since I'm not thinking of buying, I declined to put miles on a new bike. I'd have taken their offer if they had a used bike. It fits me well, and I could see putting a lot of miles on one. But Ninjette Noire is just about to hit 10,000 miles, so no reason to trade for a very long time.

1561 - 1580 of 1619 Posts