Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1381 - 1389 of 1389 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dude!..
Done with the Leo already?
🐉
It was good while it lasted! The sound was great, but I slipped down the slope of mods. Started thinking that if I got a tune for the pipe to get the lost power back, might as well do an ECU. Do an ECU, might as well do headers... More like I cascaded off the cliff of mods. Waiting on RC Mini 5 with Autotune, already have the Akra system waiting. Did the clutch spring and return spring mods yesterday.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Oh I know. I started adding up the $ of just the fun stuff, not counting normal maint. Tires, oil, erc. I reached 1k real fast n said oh well. Stopped counting
🐉

·
Registered
530 Posts
Replaced the clutch cover gasket to stop a leak, got ’er cleaned up and took an easy shakedown ride (first time in the twisties since my get-off) to scrub in the tires and make sure everything was ready for next weekend’s 3-day ride.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ninjette Noire and I rode into Milwaukee today just for fun. We meandered through some hipster neighborhoods--Riverwest (Bernie bros), Brady Street (entertainment and night life) and the Beer Line (lux condos in a former industrial district). I probably saw more sportbikes on this hour or so ride than I will in a whole afternoon in the countryside.

These 400s are great rides in city traffic; easy to maneuver and change lines based on traffic or unexpected route revisions. And the Norton seat made the ride all that much better on poorly maintained streets. ;)

·
Registered
764 Posts
I gave Ms. Noire a thorough bath and cleaned/relubed her chain this morning.

The Scottoiler does a good job keeping the chain just wet enough so that there's some fling to remove most grime. So I seem to be getting away with much longer cleaning intervals. The original chain on my 2007 N650R lasted to somewhere between 25,000 and 30,000 miles, and I only had the Scottoiler for about half of that distance. I transferred it to Ninjette almost immediately after bringing her home, so I'm optimistic that I can beat that number.

There are way too many folds, nooks and crannies on this bike!

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
522 Posts
Good luck with that. I maintained my chain very well and at 14K it was toast. How many on it now?
🐉

1381 - 1389 of 1389 Posts