Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1389 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
After a weekend of riding and spending money on parts I've convinced myself are mandatory, I put the Ninja on a rear stand and adjusted the clutch cable. I'm waiting for springs from Norton to assist with a lever that doesn't return fully, making my preload nearly undetectable. With the help of Kiwi's write up and a video from Pwnesjones on YT, I adjusted the friction zone to grip closer to the bar. Cleaned/lubed lever, tightened pivot bolt, still not getting a full return of clutch lever. Hopefully the spring mod helps. Cleaned and lubed the chain which is only out of spec by 3/10ths, maybe I'll adjust it in the morning. Still providing a high smiles to gallon ratio! In other bike maintenance news: did a full rebuild on Shadow VT1100 carbs, rejetted, and installed air shocks. Now it's like having two new bikes!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rode it really hard earlier today in our local twisties.

Lovin' the Ohlins FKS 224 but ****, why is it so hard to balance the front and rear shock 😅

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had a fun and eventful ride on the motorcycle. Went out to Bluemont VA and hit Snickersville Tpke down to Aldie. Beautiful weather and as usual, just a great countryside and road - curves, hilly, beautiful

So first fun thing was three other motorcyclists were passing in the opposite direction. The first and last did the “cool” motorcycle wave down low, the guy in the middle was waving like Forrest Gump! hilarious. Laughed about it for half the trip.

Then saw someone had in their yard a “Be alert for motorcycles” sign. Wow, that’s nice. Now I know how the turtles felt on one of the local highways when they saw the “Turtles, give ‘em a brake!” signs. Good that someone is looking out for us.

Finally there was a large black snake in the road, fortunately I was able to swerve a bit to keep from turning him into two dead snakes. Wildlife!

Great ride today

Edit: LOL just noticed the topic is what did you DO TO, not do on. Please disregard off topic post. Fail

·
Registered
121 Posts
The major upside of this is that I've saved some cash to put towards things I can justify buying, such as sprockets or a power commander.
The major upside of this is that I've saved some cash to put towards things I can justify buying, such as sprockets or a power commander.
- Reported-

Starting to see a pattern here...

I wonder what kind of spam this post will turn into when he edits it :unsure:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Spears Heavy Duty Clutch Springs, Spears Clutch Return Spring, new 6x44 bolt from my local hardware store wrapped in duct tape after snapping bolt,flanged,6x44 92154-3835 (clutch lever pivot bolt).

Clutch feels much more positive, heavier pull, lever returns all the way. Pull felt better with lever adjuster all the way in, slack taken up at the clutch arm, but decided to add the min free play, which still seems a bit vague in execution. Adjusted the lever a few spins out to move the friction zone back down closer to the bar.

The wind should not be able to depress my clutch lever at highway speeds anymore.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I increased the preload from 2 to 3. Then I went for a ride on the usual routes. The expansion joints still hit hard, but maybe Ms. Noire felt a bit more planted, maybe it was my imagination. And considering that there are only five preload levels, I'd thought that the buttometer would have felt more of a difference.

1361 - 1380 of 1389 Posts