Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1358 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
:cool:Hey xer0, I think I got the same slip on, works great and saved a bunch of weight,(y) I have not tried it with the baffle out yet,you?
I have not pulled the baffle, it's loud enough with it in, it was added mostly for the weight savings.
since then i've also painted my exhaust and that adjustment bracket with high heat paint, and put high temp rtv on the exhaust studs to stop rust.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I tightened my chain today. It was a little over 1" so I brought it to 1".

Honestly just wanted to tinker with her.

I went for a canyon ride afterwards and the bike felt a little squirrelly in the rear on leans.

I only turned each side but about half a turn, and evenly on both sides. The alignment Mark's are even as well.

Could this be in my head or should I take a deeper look into alignment or something else?

·
Registered
100 Posts
By squirrelly, i mean it felt like the rear end was very light and would very easily move around while leaning into turns. Like I could throw the rear of the bike on turns a lot.

Felt normal on straights or slight turns.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I tightened my chain today. It was a little over 1" so I brought it to 1".

Honestly just wanted to tinker with her.

I went for a canyon ride afterwards and the bike felt a little squirrelly in the rear on leans.

I only turned each side but about half a turn, and evenly on both sides. The alignment Mark's are even as well.

Could this be in my head or should I take a deeper look into alignment or something else?

I re torqued the axel nut and that squirrely feeling went away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in Downey. Perhaps I'll run into some of the members in the canyons, although I saw a nice new clean KRT ninja on the 605 the other day. Wondering who that was.

1321 - 1340 of 1358 Posts