Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1237 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Today I wrapped my front turn signals with smoke vinyl. It was a lot harder than I anticipated!.. definitely a weekend project to visit again some other time. Can’t say I love the result but from a distance it’s not really bad. Just don’t look at them too close. ?

Got a paddock stand and spools making chain cleaning a breeze... used wd-40 as it’s recommended on fortnine best chain cleaner video (one of the more available option).

First try on vinyl wraps, and finally going with glossy one with darker tint:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Put an Ohlin Steering Damper for my handlebar of my 400 recently and the riding feels amazing, Feedback of handlebar pretty solid even went through pot holes or bad quality road! Highly recommended.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Just a tip on those factory applied oil filters, it's easy to take a long screwdriver and spear the filter and wrench it off, it is messy but works.
Yeah but just make double sure the new filter you got waiting to go on is the correct one! I found out the hard way with a car once. And of course I could not drive anywhere to get the correct filter... 😫

·
Registered
247 Posts
I scavenged the Rizoma Tomok mirrors from my Aprilia & tried mounting them on the Green Weenie today. I just wanted to see how they would look and if they would work (I used adaptors to mount them).

I didn’t get a chance to ride, but I don’t expect rearward vision to be all that great, as I tried the view just sitting in my driveway, and couldn’t see jack behind me without contorting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did not do much today. I measured a piece of poster board for the gas tank. I am trying to make a template for the 3M vinyl that I am planning on putting on the top of the tank to mitigate the scuffing and swirling from my jacket when leaned over. Within the last week, I have installed the Zero Gravity Double Bubble wind screen and New Rage fender eliminator kit. I am still waiting for my Austin Racing slip on exhaust and Ruroc helmet to come in.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It's late, so I'll post pics later. But I disassembled the fairings according to the SBG video, installed a radiator guard (there were already some slight dings on the radiator), tightened some misc. screws, installed a Denali SoundBomb and the plug-n-play relay kit but it didn't work, wasted a lot of time troubleshooting, called Revzilla and they will take it back, so I have to uninstall the SoundBomb and wiring tomorrow. Also put clear 3M protective film where my saddlebags contact the rear side fairings and I'm thinking of relocating the controls for my heated grips and my Scottoiler. Tomorrow I will also replace the Scottoiler emitter with a dual sided emitter (they call it a "Scorpion") and clean up the tubing.

While I was waiting for Revzilla on the phone, I remembered I had some spare reflective tape, and cut out some pieces and stuck them to my trash and recycling cans so that cars can avoid hitting them if I leave them out overnight. Perhaps not necessary, but it was something to do while waiting on the phone.

And my car hesitated to start when I pulled it out of the garage. So I put it on my trickle charged while I was working.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
It's late, so I'll post pics later. But I disassembled the fairings according to the SBG video, installed a radiator guard (there were already some slight dings on the radiator), tightened some misc. screws, installed a Denali SoundBomb and the plug-n-play relay kit but it didn't work, wasted a lot of time troubleshooting, called Revzilla and they will take it back, so I have to uninstall the SoundBomb and wiring tomorrow. Also put clear 3M protective film where my saddlebags contact the rear side fairings and I'm thinking of relocating the controls for my heated grips and my Scottoiler. Tomorrow I will also replace the Scottoiler emitter with a dual sided emitter (they call it a "Scorpion") and clean up the tubing.

While I was waiting for Revzilla on the phone, I remembered I had some spare reflective tape, and cut out some pieces and stuck them to my trash and recycling cans so that cars can avoid hitting them if I leave them out overnight. Perhaps not necessary, but it was something to do while waiting on the phone.

And my car hesitated to start when I pulled it out of the garage. So I put it on my trickle charged while I was working.
You've been busy! That's a bugger the sound bomb didnt work. Dont ya just hate it when you waste time and mental energy installing a dud.
That's a good idea with the 3M protective film. I should have done this right from the start with my bike. As it is I put layers of black electrical tape over the rear of the panels before I go on a road trip. Sometimes I take it off again, but at present it's been left on.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Continuing my spring adventure in farkeling Ms. Noire, I finished repositioning the controls for my Scottoiler and my heated grips, and completed the dual sided emitter for the Scottoiler. The manufacturer claims that I'll be able to keep the chain oiled with the pump on a lower setting by using the dual emitter. This should increase my range between refills and also reduce fling so Ninjette and my luggage will stay cleaner for longer. She likes being clean and sparkly.

I also removed the SoundBomb and wiring kit, and will be packing that up to return tomorrow. I don't know whether I want to bother with this again or not. I just put the old horn back on for now.

Kiwi, the 3M tape works good and is invisible when tediously applied. I had it on my Little Red Ninja, and it worked very well.

I dropped two fasteners when reassembling my fairings. I heard them hit the ground, but couldn't find them despite getting on my hands and knees. There is no floor drain for them to vanish into. I may end up removing everything from the garage tomorrow. My local Ninja store said they can get replacements in two working days.

Which reminds me: Newton's Fourth Law of Motion states that an object dropped from a workbench will roll to the nearest inaccessible place. Baxter's Corollary to Newton's Fourth Law of Motion is that the force attracting a dropped object to the nearest inaccessible place increases exponentially in relation to the difficulty of replacing the object. If these parts were no longer being made, they most certainly would have been sucked into a wormhole and ejected into a black hole.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hear you. I recently dropped an SD card from my dash cam in my trunk - took me hours of searching and complete disassembly of everything back there between (and including) the battery & taillight before I found it...and it was empty because I had formatted it on my laptop instead of the recording unit. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally got to installing the windscreen and CRG levers today 😆
In about 2 weeks ill be getting and installing the crash cage. I can't believe I've done so much to Ninja in a month of having it LOL

1201 - 1220 of 1237 Posts