Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1193 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I gave her a pat as I walked by to drive my car in the snow.:(

My best guess is that Ms. Noire will end her hibernation in about 6 to 8 weeks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Race Prep

Installed the following:

Ohlins AP8333 rear shock (came off an Aprilia RSV4 APRC)
Pirelli Supercorsa SC2 110/70 - 140/70
Acerbis Brake Lever Guard

Spray waxed the whole bike. I like shiny things.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sad to say that after 2 years of ownership, I traded in my N400 for a 2012 CBR 1000RR. Couldn't have asked for a better bike to start on, gonna miss it in a strange way.

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
I ordered a new clutch cable from Spears. I then realized that I might not have it in time to install it before my mini road trip on Wednesday so I bought a stock one today and put that on. It's a much better feeling not being worried that the cable is going to snap out on the highway. I guess I could always use a bit of rigging wire wrapped around my boot to the clutch lever...a bit like a one man band.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Drove it home from LAX after a four day work trip to Florida. This was my first trip to LAX with the bike. LAX offers free motorcycle parking in their lot literally a 2 minute walk to the terminals. LAX is notoriously a traffic mess and onsite car parking is ridiculously expensive. In a car you have to park offsite and take a shuttle in, which is on top of at least a 2 hour commute with traffic. On my bike, it was a 50 minute commute with lane splitting and a 2 minute walk to security.

This was a bit of a challenge though, I wear a suit to work which means I had to pack quite a bit so I purchased a 40 liter travel backpack. Also you have to think about what to do with your gear as you don't want to take your helmet and jacket with you so I bought a lockable motorcycle cover and secured my helmet and Alpinestars jacket with a cable and lock.

All went flawlessly in the end and had a great ride in and back home.

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
Drove it home from LAX after a four day work trip to Florida. This was my first trip to LAX with the bike. LAX offers free motorcycle parking in their lot literally a 2 minute walk to the terminals. LAX is notoriously a traffic mess and onsite car parking is ridiculously expensive. In a car you have to park offsite and take a shuttle in, which is on top of at least a 2 hour commute with traffic. On my bike, it was a 50 minute commute with lane splitting and a 2 minute walk to security.

This was a bit of a challenge though, I wear a suit to work which means I had to pack quite a bit so I purchased a 40 liter travel backpack. Also you have to think about what to do with your gear as you don't want to take your helmet and jacket with you so I bought a lockable motorcycle cover and secured my helmet and Alpinestars jacket with a cable and lock.

All went flawlessly in the end and had a great ride in and back home.
For 25 years, I used to travel out of LAX several times a month usually for a week or so. Coming in on final, we would always bet or flip a coin on how many of our cars would be broken into. Once, I was walking up and down the aisles looking for my car like I was a small kid looking for a parent at the grocery store completely lost until the realization that my car was stolen. Another time they guys who broke in and stole my old broken stereo left both car doors wide open. Uber was a Good send!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Installed 415 Chain and Vortex Sprockets (18/55) then lubed it with Putoline Ceramic Non-fling.
Tried installing Chinesium Preload adjusters, but alas, the adjusters were 1mm wider than the fork tubes :(

Gotta say I was quite surprised with how the bike behaved with 415 chain and +2T rear sprockets.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I mailed in my license tab renewal. It's not a big deal, but that and less than 50% snow cover makes me feel good. :cool:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I changed Vert's oil and cleaned/lubed her chain today. Couldn't be out since we are quarantining...and this cleaning was long overdue:

1.) Rear Paddock stand:

2.) Removed the lower left fairing (3 bolt/screw thingies) that expose the oil filter:

3.) Removed bottom plug:

4.) Used the PT (Performance Tool) filter wrench to loosen it:

5.) Video of how easy the oil filter was to remove after using PT (Performance Tool Oil filter wrench):

6.) Stock Replacement filter #:

7.) Installing the new filter (oiled the gasket/o-ring; hand screwed the filter on and tightened it ; used the PT wrench tool to tighten it):

8.) Put the lower plug back on:

9.) Re-installed the lower fairing:

10.) Added oil to the reservoir. Cranked the bike and let it idle for 5minutes. Turned it off and let it sit (allowing the oil to fully saturate the oil filter and the engine. I had to add more oil and this is the final result:

(let me know if yall think that I've added too much oil. IN this picture the bike is off and has sat for about 10 minutes)

-----------------
Cleaned & Lubed:
Prep:

Cleaned:

Video of the chain after using PJ1 Lube:

1161 - 1180 of 1193 Posts